21

Sungjae lightly loosened his tie. The event haven't started yet but he's already losing his patience, it hasn't even been an hour since they arrived there.

"Here." Sungjae turned to his side and saw Hyunsik hyung handing him a wine glass, he's just glad that hyung is there. Hyunsik was permitted to attend the summit but Sungjae is puzzled why he needs to be there as well.

Sungjae received the glass and took a sip.

"You should take this as an opportunity, don't look so bored. You know why the director sent us both here right?"

"I know, I know." Sungjae said waving his hand at his hyung. "Then why don't you go and talk around then?"

Hyunsik chuckled. "I will." then left Sungjae standing on a corner.

***

"Won't you stay with me after the event? Go on vacation with me, please~" Rose said to Joy using aegyo.

Joy laughed out loud. "Aigoo, I have work you know, besides your dad is here."

"Dad will leave after the event, he's busy with the campaign."

"Then ask our other friends."

"But I want you." Rose pouted.

Joy saw that Rose is so sad, she sighed. "Okay." this girl really have a way of making her agree.

Rose beamed shaking Joy's arm. "Jinjja? Jinjja?"

Joy nodded continously smile creeping on her face.

They are currently inside the waiting room waiting for Rose to be called for her performance. Aside from Rose, her make up artist, managerand PA, Joy is the only one inside left to guard her, Seulgi and the others are outside the room.

Joy stood on the side of the door when she felt her phone vibrated. She took it from her pocket and saw her boyfriend's name lighting up the screen.

Sungjae ❤️
I wonder if we go back in time,
will you still choose me
as the guy you like?

What? What's with him all of a sudden?

Where are you? You're bored aren't you?

It didn't take long when she received a reply but he didn't even answered her question.

Sungjae
I always remember our graduation day
It was pouring hard and you didn't have an umbrella with you.

Hey, what's wrong?

Sungjae ❤️
Nothing. I miss you.
I'm here at the summit, u?
Be careful, please

Joy was getting worried but after receiving his reply, it faded away instantly. It's clear that he's bored but what made her happy is that, she's the one whom he texted and not other people.

Oh right, he doesn't know that she's there. Unless he knows that Rose will perform since she told him that she's back to guarding Rose.

I miss u too
As for where I am, it's a secret
And I'm always careful u know

Joy waited for a reply but none arrive, he must be busy now. She grinned. So this is what they call 'love between work'. Before turning her phone off she typed a message to him while biting her lips, she just wanted it to be short but she doesn't know anymore. It was more like a confession on her part. She doesn't know how he'll take it but its up to him.

Since her earpiece is on, she can hear what her teammates are talking about, there is Lisa and Jisoo talking about a foreigner agent, Irene is talking to another agent about safety precautions and Seulgi and Jennie are talking about where they are.

After awhile she heard Irene called her name saying someone will come to the room.

After Irene said that a knock came on the door.

Joy opened the door slightly and saw a staff telling her it's time for her performance. She nod her head at the staff before turning to Rose.

"It's your turn soon."

Rose smiled and went outside with Joy in front of her, Irene and the others went behind them.

"Once Rose performs, people from his father's side will take over, take that time to eat and do your thing, she'll take at least 20 minutes on stage that should be enough for you, copy?" Irene said to them.

"Copy." Joy and the rest replied. She was even thinking that she won't be able to eat that day, 20 minutes is plenty enough for her.

***

"I'm telling you it'll be fun, try it."

Hyunsik grinned at his friend whom he saw at the summit, he was inviting him to an event.

"I need to check my schedule but I'll try."

"It's months away, you have plenty of time to clear your schedule. Maybe you'll see a girl to your liking..."

Hyunsik laughed. Girlfriend? It's been awhile since he had one, no one has met his standards yet but he has no intention of settling his standards low just because no one can match up to him.

Maybe he'll consider his friend's invitation.

He tapped his friend's shoulder. "I'll think about it." he said and excused himself so he could look for Sungjae.

He saw him standing on his spot where he left him earlier, a man and a woman just left, Hyunsik know the man, a man conglomerates in the business world, he runs an empire. How did Sungjae able to talk that man to him? His friend hit the jackpot.

Grinning he walked towards his friend but upon seeing his angry face, Hyunsik dropped his smile.

Sungjae is still looking at the man that he didn't notice Hyunsik approaching him.

"Hey man, what's wrong?"

Sungjae turned to him giving him a small smile, hiding the anger that etched his face.

He shake his head and answered. "Nothing."

Seems like something went wrong with the man, Hyunsik didn't want to seem nosy so he just nod his head.

"I see."

The MC called that the program will start soon and asked the people to sit down. Hyunsik and Sungjae went to their assigned table and sat down.

While the ceremony is going on, Hyunsik was surprised when Sungjae suddenly talked out of nowhere.

"That was my father."

Hyunsik turned to him, Sungjae looked at him and grinned.

"Surprise?" Sungjae asked in a humurous tone but inside he was angry, now he knew why he was there. It was for him to face his father whom he tried not to cross paths with. He even brought his woman.

After texting Joy he wasn't able to check his phone since he turned off his phone when his father appeared out of nowhere, he didn't bother to check if she replied now too since she might be busy and he doesn't want to interrupt her work. It was silly of him to text her in the middle of her work but he was bored earlier and now that he's angry, he doesn't want to text her when he's feeling angry.

I'll just check later.

***

A/n

Thank you guys for writing comments  encouraging me to continue, you are one of my inspiration :)

Thank you for reading (: see you next update ^^