16

"I'm glad that everything ended well." Joy heaved and looked at her teammates.

They went through everything that happened that evening if there was anything that they missed, they were glad that Rose was professional enough to handle her fans considering that she has an angelic face but Joy knew better.

It was Rose who persuaded her to change her outfit so as not to get attention, who goes to a club wearing a suit anyway? Rose said to her, so Joy, and her other teammates who Rose also persuaded to change their outfits wasn't able to do anything. She remembered telling them that Rose will always have it her way and they couldn't agree more.

Joy wasn't new with the environment but it was ages since she last go clubbing so it took a while before she warmed up and let herself loose, she discovered that even her teammates were so good at dancing.

"Now I'm convinced that you and Rose are like long lost twins, you almost have the same attitude and way of thinking when I first met you." Seulgi commented.

"Ah unnie." Joy whined, she doesn't want to be compared with Rose though it was partially true. The others laughed along with Seulgi.

Yuri clapped her hands to get their attention. "Enough" Joy and the others bowed their heads and murmured their apologies that Yuri accepted well. "Now, things are going to get hard. I was just informed earlier by Rose's manager that before Rose fully take her vacation, she was asked to perform in the upcoming summit where elite guests were invited so we'll be reunited with the other teams who will also escort other VIPS, don't be surprised if some are from NIS. The summit's a week from now but you'll be given a time off for 5 days and be back 2 days before the summit so spend your extra day off with your family, no need to be worry about Rose for she will be with her father till the summit." The girls nodded in understanding and after their meeting they were all dismissed and went back to their posts.

"Really? You'll leave after sending me off? No~ spend time with me, I'll be bored with you gone, please?" Rose pleaded Joy.

They are both inside the car heading to the location of the summit.

Joy held her hand. "I'll be back after 5 days, it's not like we won't see each other anymore."

"But you can stay right? right? please Joy, pretty please?"

Joy almost gave in but shake her head. "Maybe next time, Besides I have to visit mom at the hospital." and her boyfriend.

"Your mom's at the hospital? Sorry, I asked you without considering your situation. It must be hard. How is she?"

It made Joy smile thinking how Rose care even when she haven't met her mother since High school and sincerely asked about her, she told Rose about her mother's situation and they both took their time talking to each other till they arrive at the location.

***

"You're so lucky man! You're the only one here in the hospital who were invited at the summit, for sure someone's behind this, looks aren't everything." Hyunsik hyung said with his hand under his chin as if speculating about the sudden invitation for Sungjae.

They are the cafeteria taking a break while talking about the upcoming summit. It's 12 a.m but he's got no appetite so he satisfies himself with a lollipop.

Sungjae was out of it when he went inside the director's office he forgot about the details that Hyunsik had to fill him up since it wasn't a secret who'll attend the summit and the things that'll be happening there.

Sungjae chuckled putting his one hand in his coat pocket while the other holding the lollipop.

"Then make an appeal or something, If you can persuade the director to take my place then go."

"You sure?" Hyunsik then left towards the director's office though it wasn't sure that he'll be there. Besides, Hyunsik is the head of Neorosurgeon department, Sungjae doubts it if the director will let him, since he's always needed.

Sungjae shrug and licked his lollipop before taking his phone out of his pocket when it vibrated. He stilled when he saw who the caller is.

He was just licking the lollipop earlier but his lips felt dry that he licked them again, even his breathing hitched from excitement. His heart exhilerated. Just the thought of talking with her again even on the phone made the difference when he's there at the hospital, it's like he found a reason to be excited again when staying up late in the hospital.

"Hello?" His voice husky and pure.

He heard noises in the background before he finally heard her talk.

"Hi."

That's it. Sungjae leaned on the backrest and closed his eyes before starting to imagine what she looks like as if she's really talking in front of him. Her honey voice, it was short but the way she said it made him think there's more to them. It's a first to him, understanding a woman.

"I'm glad you still remember you have a boyfriend." He said sulkyly, it made Joy chuckle.

"Of course, how can I forget my boyfriend? When he's so handsome? And sexy..." Joy replied hanging in the air.

Sungjae cussed. "Damn it, don't start on me Joy, I'm sleepy, cranky and..." She's leading him on and moreover on the phone! She sure knows how to play their games and he's already on the losing side.

Joy laughed on with his angry yet perverted reply. "And what?"

Her laugh is like music to his ears. "I miss you."

Sungjae thought she was taken aback considering she didn't reply but then after a while she talked.

"Not for long. Open your eyes."

Sungjae was puzzled but still opened his eyes and saw Joy standing on his left side wearing casual clothes and carrying a duffle bag on one hand and her cellphone on the other still holding it over her ear smiling ear to ear.

Sungjae stood up from his seat still surprised of her sudden visit, for sure his mouth is hanging open and his eyes not blinking, he can't believe she's really there right infront of him.

Joy frowned when Sungjae didn't even attempt to walk towards her and continue to just gape at her, she's quite satisfied herself, seems like her surprise visit was a success.

She was just about to open her arms to hug him when Sungjae took a stride and embraced her, his hand gripped her tiny waist and one hand on her head, it was sudden she let go of her bag and hugged him back closing her eyes to feel his embrace. She can feel him giving her head kisses and sniffing her hair as if to see of it's really her, she can't even complain because she missed him just the same.

It's like she found home in his embrace, a second home.

And finally, they are together again.