11

Joy can't believe he asked her out for dinner. She thought that she was imagining things but after she went home, she received a text from him.

From: +10*******

Don't try to run away. I'll be the one to change your clothes if I have to. Save my number.

-YSJ

She sighed frustratedly. This is not going to work. She thought of running away but just imagining him going there at their house with her gone caused her heart to ache. He's really making it hard for her.

It's alreay 4 pm, 3 hours before Sungjae pick her up. There's not much time to buy a dress and she wondered if her sister got any make up. She looked around her room and saw her chest on a corner, untouched since 8 years ago. It was locked and she already forgot where she put the key so she just used a hairpin instead. She opened the chest and saw her dresses way back high school, she doesn't even know if it will still fit her but she have to make do.

She took one dress on her hand and stared at it, the dress was a  perfect match to his liking, it was the dress she used on their senior's ball. It was nostalgic.

"And I told myself that I wouldn't use this anymore." It brought her bad memories. It was only for that night anyway, after that she can close the chest again or give it to Yeri since her sister just used her dresses once in a while, Joy have way too many dresses but how come Yeri didn't wear that one dress? It was the most beautiful among them.

After looking through the dress and trying it on if it's still okay, she went to the bathroom and showered, she rummaged her sister's dresser after, she was glad she have the basics. She sat on the chair infront of the mirror.

"Let's see..." If I still know how to use the make up. It made her nervous, it's like her first time going to wear make up.

***

Sungjae went out of his car and leaned on the side with his hands in his pockets. He got their home address through Yeri and though it wasn't big like before, it was enough for four people to live in. It looked warm enough.

He already texted Joy that he's already waiting outside though he's not sure she'll come out. But what he said to her earlier was true, if she doesn't come out within 5 minutes, he'll go inside to make her change but it wasn't even a minute when he saw her coming out from the door.

It was dim but he can still make out her appearance. Her grey dress that shine's when hit by light goes down to her feet, she's wearing high heels that make her even more taller. She walked towards him in a graceful manner that Sungjae felt like he was in high school once again, she was wearing the same dress but she was daring when she approached him back then, she's like a gentle lamb now. She wore her long black hair down adding contrast to her pale skin. It took his breath away.

He didn't know that he was gaping at her when she stopped infront of him waving her hand at him.

Sungjae cleared his throat. She looked sexy in her dress that he doesn't know where to look. "You look beautiful."

Joy smiled at his compliment. "Thank you, you look great as well." No, he was handsome down to the teeth, he was wearing a grey tux that matches her dress well. He became more manly now.

Sungjae then grinned. "Let's go." He opened the passenger door  and ran to the driver's seat after she settled down.

They went to a high class restaurant that Joy was taken aback with the elegance of the place, there was a grand piano on the middle room as well as space for those who wanted to dance. She should've dressed more prettily.

"Here, give that to me." Sungjae replaced his steak with hers after cutting his own steak.

"I can do it myself though."

"I know but I'm better with knives than you." With all the surgeries he had done.

With that Joy arched her eyebrow. "Really? Wanna prove it?" She bet that she's hundred times better than him.

Sungjae slumped his shoulder then looked at her frustratedly. "Ah jinjja, can't you atleast pretend? You're making me feel useless."

Joy laughed out loud. "Hahaha, so the great Yook Sungjae feels insecure huh?" She said but Sungjae just glared at her which made Joy laugh even more.

They ate their food with high spirit and talked and laughed as if it were normal, Joy wasn't expecting anything, she just wanted to enjoy that night. When is she going to a place like that anyway with her job?

Sungjae stood up. "You're not full anymore, right?" Sungjae asked when they were done with their food.

Joy nod her head. "wae?"

Instead of telling her what it is, he took her right hand leading her to the dance floor where many couples were already dancing. Joy was confused, why did he take her there? She's not a good dancer!

Placing his hand on her waist and the other one under her hand, Sungjae swayed to the music slowly so Joy could follow his steps.

With heart beating fast, Joy followed his lead. Afraid that she'll step on his foot, she kept on looking down on the floor but Sungjae tipped her chin up so she'd look at his face.

"Don't look down."

Joy frowned out of concern "But your foot--" Sungjae cut her off.

"It's okay." She can step down on his foot for a million times and it still won't make up for the times he hurted her. His pain is nothing compared to hers.

Joy gently smiled. "Okay."

"Since you didn't get the chance to dance with me in our senior's ball, that's why I brought you here." He remembered that she didn't dance that night even once while him, he danced with most of their female classmates. She was the only one whom he didn't offered his hand when for all he knows, she was just waiting for him.

Joy chuckled biting the inside of her cheek. It was really an unpleasant memory. Girls were the ones who were supposed to ask guys as their date but she was rejected by him continously.

She looked at him and smiled hiding the pain in her eyes, since she decided not to dwell on her feelings anymore, she'll just laugh it off. "It was for the best, I don't know how to dance anyway." She just wanted to go home that night but stayed because of her friends.

Sungjae looked down on her. He searched her eyes and saw that she wasn't lying. Thank God, I thought she was hurt. He just realized that he was really a jerk towards her back then, it should have been a worse memory for her but she's telling her that she's fine so he guessed that it was really nothing for her.

They went to the nearby river after where few people were still hanging out there.

They stood side by side feeling the cold breeze of the air while simply looking at the calm water and beautiful lights of bridge.

Joy sniffed, wrinkling her nose and hugging herself. Sungjae looked down on her.

"Isn't it time you ask 'are you cold?' then I'd say 'no, I'm fine' but you'll say that 'it's not' so you'll give your coat to me?" Joy asked glaring at him.

Sungjae laughed. He walked towards her but instead of giving her his coat, he stopped behind her and hugged her instead. Joy was taken aback but recovered quickly, she felt warm leaning her head on his chest, she could get used to it. A girl can dream right?

After a while Joy looked up so she could ask him something but their faces were only inches apart and he was already looking down at her.

Slowly, Sungjae leaned down and was about to kiss her when suddenly, they heard a gunshot.