14

Joy and her team are already gathered at the airport before 5, there were even fans there already.

Irene said that the VIP is coming out now from the airplane through their earpiece and prepared themselves if ever the fans go wild. They nod their head at each other and focused.

Just like what they expected, the crowd really pushed their way to them but they managed to not let them close at the VIP.

When they arrived at the hotel, they made sure that her room and the room around are safe and no hidden cameras or whatnot, the VIP haven't noticed Joy yet because she's busy with her phone and she was wearing sunglasses when they escorted her. Joy left it to her if she'll notice her or not.

Their team gathered outside her room and briefed each other if they noticed something, so far none.

"Now, one of us have to be inside the room and be with her, it was her manager's request that someone should be with her at all times because there are things that could happen that we might not know." Commander Yuri said. She turned to Joy "Ms. K here will be the one to go inside." (A/N Ms. K is Joy's call sign)

Joy put her hand up. "Aren't we voting commander? I'm against this."

The girls chuckled at her behavior but stopped then. Yuri tapped Joy's shoulder. "You're the best choice here so I refuse to accept any arguments."

Joy sighed not sure if she should tell them but in the end she decided, she'll try. "I think it's dangerous because we know each other."

The girls turned to her with wide eyes, Seulgi and Jisoo have their  mouth wide open while Irene, Lisa and Jennie have only wide eyes. They don't believe her.

Joy shrug. "It's much more dangerous if I'm the one who escort her, believe me or not."

The girls looked at each other, just communicating with their eyes. Joy knew what they are thinking but she's still confused what they'll decide to do because there are already scenarios forming in her head.

"If you know her then much better." Yuri concluded.

"But commander, you know she's unstoppable, once she decide to do something crazy, she'll really have it her way, there's no way of stopping her." Joy reasoned.

They all stared at her because what she said does make sense, it was Seulgi who break the silence.

"I think commander has a point Joy, if you know her then you can keep her out of trouble. She actually reminds me of you when you were still new, if you know what she's thinking then you'll know best what to do." Seulgi turned to the team. "Don't you think?"

The girls agreed and Yuri then decided that Joy will be the one who'll be inside while the others will be outside to scout the area.

Joy sighed out of defeat before knocking on the door and went inside, the manager greeted her and said that the VIP is still in the bath. The manager left saying she has a lot to do leaving Joy in the living area.

It's not that she doesn't want to escort the VIP but its because she knows her very well, she'd love to tell her team that her friend is a crazy one but refrained herself.

She heard the sound of the door opening and closing, Joy turned to see Rose coming out of her room in her robe, when she saw Joy she stopped on her track.

"Are you the lady bodyguard?-- Wait, you look very familiar." She took long stride towards Joy and observed her from head to toe before finally looking at her face. "Joy? Is that you?"

Joy who had a serious face earlier gave her a wide smile, Rose's eyes widen in delight. "You bitch! It's really you! Yah!! I'm so happy to see you!" Rose squelled embracing Joy.

Joy laughed embracing her back, they both jumped up and down together in circle. It was a while when they finally separated from each other.

"Ya~ I really missed you! Why didn't you stay in contact you awful bitch, you forgot your friend in high school?-- Wait... Your hair, you cut it?" Rose asked as she noticed Joy's hair.

Joy grab a strand and looked at it, it got a bit longer now. She nodded.

Joy was speechless when Rose gently embraced her. "It's late but you did great, I know it was hard for you to cut it." She also patted her back lightly, Rose knows how much Joy loved her long hair.

They talked to each other to catch up what happened after 8 years, Joy was glad that Rose haven't changed only that she became fearless maybe due to living abroad.

"But wait, a soldier? wow, you really surprised me, I thought you're going to become a sexy vet or something." Rose said out of nowhere.

Joy bursted out laughing. "Says the one who wanted to become a doctor, instead of a scalpel you're holding a mic instead."

They both laughed at their comments. Joy turned serious then. "What's with the tight security anyway? HQ didn't tell us anything yet."

"It's actually my father, I told him I don't really need it but he keeps on insisting since he's running for presidential, he thought I needed it since he's being targeted by other parties." Rose said downcasted. "He told me that some people might target me as well to use against him."

Joy nodded completely understanding the situation. "I see."

Rose held both her hand. "Now that we meet again, let's have fun together."

"But don't you have a concert to prepare?" Joy asked hesitantly, it's starting. Rose's persuasion.

Rose slapped her arm lightly. "Pabo, of course not today." Joy sighed out of relief because of that but she stopped breathing when Rose continued wiggling her eyebrows. "Let's go at the bar after the concert."

Joy almost kneel on the floor. This girl is unstoppable.

I told you she's crazy.

***

Sungjae was only able to relax after many hours of running around. He took his time relaxing on a corner beside the vending machine. He opened the cap of his drink when someone just took it from his hand.

"Ah Hyung, buy your own please." Sungjae whined to Hyunsik who just shrug and sat down beside him taking a sip of his drink before handing it back to him.

"Good job holding yourself back there, you still frustrated with me?" Hyunsik put his elbow on his knees not looking at Sungjae.

"Glad you know." Just thinking about Joy already frustrate him but at the same time, something inside him ignites, her soft body, warm lips and this cute little sound she makes when he entices her.

sh*t

Hyunsik chuckled. "Yah~ I can't believe the girl you're telling me about was that soldier, they are completely different."

"I know."

"You can see her after here anyway.--"

"She won't be back until two weeks." Sungjae said grudgingly cutting him off.

Hyunsik bursted out laughing. "2 weeks? Man, you're in for self control. Good luck with that." he tapped Sungjae's shoulder and left.

Hyunsik knows how frustrated Sungjae is that's why its fun teasing him.

Sungjae could only shake his head while looking at the back of his hyung. Taking out his phone, he dialed Joy's number but it was turned off. It's been only hours but he already miss her terribly. He wasn't expecting her to pick up his call anyway because she's busy so he just sent her a text.

He can't believe that the day will come where he want to hear even just her voice.