22

When Rose went up on stage Joy excused herself and went to the rest room. After doing her business, she washed her hands on the faucet when she noticed a woman in her fifties stiffling her nose just beside her.

Joy turned her head and saw that the woman is oddly familiar. It seemed like the woman noticed that someone is staring at her so she looked at Joy through the mirror.

Joy can't still figure out who the woman is but the latter seemed to know who Joy is.

"Aren't you Sungjae's girlfriend?"

Joy gasped. How did she know? But then the woman continued. "Are you still together now? I saw you back then when you were still in high school, you were always with him."

Ah! Now Joy remember, she's Sungjae's step mom, she wasn't able to recognize her maybe because she aged but she's still beautiful.

Joy smiled." It's true that I'm his girlfriend but it's only been a while sinve we've started dating, what you saw back then was me pursuing him. " She corrected in humurous way.

The woman laughed. "Omo, jinjja?" She can't believe that the lady in front of her is the one who went after her son.

Joy giggled nodding her head. "Ironic, isn't it?"

The woman shake her head and answered. "Not at all."

Joy noticed that the woman's face looks red and puffy.

"Have you been crying?... Arhm, madam?" Joy asked respectfully, contemplating whether what to call her.

The woman smiled shaking her head. It was just Sungjae being cold to her and all, she just can't get used to it. It's been 10 years but he hasn't warmed up to her yet which she understood completely but if only he knew that her feelings for his father is genuine... She could only sigh.

Joy knows where the woman came from but she's not one to judge a character for she' s been there as well. It must be hard to socialize with other people there.

"Uhm... Do you have someone with you?" Joy started.

"My husband is busy talking with  people from other company, I left since I can't relate."

Joy smiled. "Then can I go with you? I want to eat but I'm embarassed to go out there."

The woman gave her a gentle smile and nodded. She knew she was just offering to go with her since she probably looks pitiful but she felt happy nonetheless.

Both of them walked side by side towards the buffet while talking. For some unknown and silent reason, they seemed to find similarities between them. Their eyes shone with delight as they keep on finding things out about each other.

Joy looked around if she could find Sungjae but wasn't able to with all the people inside. Rose was only on her 2nd song since she stops after and interacts with the people first.

After taking a plate of her own, Joy put some vegetables on her plate still interacting with Sungjae's mother.

"I see that you're wearing a suit, are you a bodyguard?" His mom asked.

"ne.."

"You look different from before."

Joy giggled. "I thought so too." By appearance she can agree but honestly, she really didn't change much from before, still hopelessly inlove with a guy. She doesn't know why her heart aches so.

After putting food on her plate Joy and Sungjae's mother was about to go on a vacant table when she turned around, she saw Sungjae standing not far away from them.