Chapter 1

SMASH!

I sprinted off rapidly, just as the brick flew through the window to the English room.

Hopefully, no one was in to see me. Everyone is in a lesson or doing an exam so I shouldn't get caught. Everyone was doing exams but me, as usual. Ok, so maybe I didn't know why I did it or there wasn't an actual reason behind it apart from 'I was bored' but it was fun, nonetheless, the adrenaline of getting caught was usually what drove me to do things like this.

I walked around the corner to stop any onlookers/snitches thinking I was up to no good... even though I was. The key to causing chaos and getting away with it was not to have any accomplices or 'look outs'; there isn't many people I trust.

Half an hour later, I walked through the door to World Geography, twenty minutes late, happy that once again, I'd gotten away with my now constant mischief.

Mr. Edwards, my teacher was angry to say the least; he looked funny though. He has a vein at the side of his head (a crimson sort of colour that stands out from the peach of his wrinkled skin) and whenever he is mad it looks like it will pop out of his head. Unfortunately though, it never does. It would be funny if it had. He is a chubby man, the kind that you look at the silver wedding band on his left index finger and wonder:

1. 'how?'

2. 'why?'

3. 'what was she taking/thinking?'

4. or all of the above.

With barely any hair on his ever-growing, shiny head, those questions struck me even more as I pondered his marriage. It constantly surprises me, even though it shouldn't, how one man can wear the exact same brown suit every single day; brown trousers, tie, shoes, belt. The only thing different was an off-white shirt, nonetheless, he wore that day to day as well.

The thing about Mr. Edwards is that although he's a rubbish teacher (and that's a compliment to the quality of how his teaching actually is), he has a sense of humor. It may be a dry, annoying sense of humor but humor at the least. It's the kind of humor that makes people laugh at him instead of with him. Also, the kind that makes him humor me into thinking he is finally going to win one of our never ending arguments that occur each and every lesson. He's not.

"Vicky Williams! Where have you been?" he bellowed pointing a ruler at me, which looked as old as him. Grudges were his weak point, he can never drop anything, especially my tardiness. Maybe i've been late a few days this week but still, he can't forgive and forget?

"Obviously not in here, and it is Victoria, thank you very much," I replied as I headed to take my seat at the back of the classroom, putting emphasis for effect at the mention of my actual name.

I threw my dark, lacy satchel on the badly tiled floor and sat down at my desk with my feet up, thinking about the very poor job that was done when the school was refurbished three years ago. Obviously a budget cut. I pulled out my phone and replied to the numerous texts from 'so-called' friends and put a packet of cigarettes on my desk, even though I didn't smoke, just for the effect of seeing his vein pop out a little more, testing him.

"I realized you weren't in here!" he yelled, going as red as his massive vein, his 70's glasses almost falling off his crooked, fat nose as he slammed the wooden door, barely on it's hinges anymore.

"Well why ask then?" I replied sweetly but sarcastically, as I put my iPhone back in my pocket. I caught the eyes, or rather grins and smirks, of everyone in my class. They are used to my 'behavior' but still find it mildly humorous.

"You know why I asked young lady!" he shouted, throwing his ruler at me this time.

"Now now, no need to throw things in here! You could get taken in for that if it hit me, you know? We wouldn't want that now, would we?" I said politely, mocking him and getting up to take the ruler to the front.

Just as I sat back down the head English teacher stormed through the door, obviously hearing the sudden explosion from my psychotic Geography teacher and realizing it was about time I show up every lesson.

Then it's her cue to burst through the door, like what happens every lesson as well. Same thing, different day.

"This!" She unnecessarily howled, pointing a bony finger in my face, disrespectfully "This is the last time I will put up with your attitude! You don't care about anything you do! You mess up this school, this is our heaven, our sanctuary! You come in and mess it up every day! I will not stand for this any longer! I know it was you who threw the brick through the window! I'm not stupid! You can either admit to it or I will find a way to prove you're guilty and this school is innocent! You are a little BRAT Victoria Williams!" she spat.

I laughed when she said 'heaven' and 'sanctuary'. Puhlease, that's why people have written in all the toilet stalls 'Call 0327549379 for a good time;)' in lipstick.

This is obviously not a sanctuary, you senile witch!

"Oh lovely to see you too Ms. Jenkins! You know to save you the trouble of proving our SANCTUARY is innocent, yes it was me who threw the brick through your window! I'm sorry that the brick wanted to see the inside world! And I am so sorry for interrupting your daily potion making and scared your black cat away!" I replied, smirking, testing her patience.

I picked my bag up and headed out the door. I knew I'd have to go to the head teacher's office, might as well go by myself.

"I'll save you the trouble of sending me personally to the head, I'll go myself!" I said as I jaunted out the door letting it swing shut. I decided I should lighten the mood so I skipped up the steps and to the office. I purposely circled and passed the Geography window to see Mr. Edwards and Ms. Jenkins were standing, conversing, at the window. I decided to show them how happy I really was... so I stuck my middle finger up at them, beaming.

I strolled into the office.

The office is depressing, at the least. It consists of the head, Mrs. Hall's, secretary's room, which I was situated in and the main office of Mrs. Hall's, currently containing my parents and herself.

I sensed an opportunity and put my face against the window, distorting it as I pressed it close and breathed heavily, pulling faces. "Hey buddy!" I shouted through the window to the head "Hi Kate!". She turned a brighter shade of scarlet as I addressed her by her forename. "Friend!" I frantically waved at her until she had enough and marched over to the door. She glared, fuming and made a point of violently pulling the khaki blind fully down. "No need to be so rude, Katie!" I shouted through my laughter, turning and throwing myself down in the chair, chucking my feet up too.

I put my bag down and helped myself to one of the biscuits in Mrs. Hill's personal biscuit barrel.

"Miss Williams, this school has put up with enough of your rude and disruptive behavior!" moaned the head, emerging from her office with my parents trailing behind, looking foolish. "We no longer have a place for you here," said she, exasperated, as she pushed her teal glasses back up her elongated nose.

"Oh, so I'm expelled because an innocent brick wanted to see the inside of our school? Well that's just pointless to be honest. School inspectors say they want to take a look around the school and THAT'S FINE but as soon as ONE LITTLE BRICK wants to do the same NOOO!" I said calmly at parts but raising my voice sarcastically at others, even though I knew if I get expelled from here I have to go to my Mum's school but in the moment, I didn't give a flying flamingo.

"BRICKS CAN'T TALK!" shouted Mrs. Hill. She'd gone nutty, I was certain.

"Well there is no need for that! BRICKS HAVE FEELING TOO!" I shrieked back as I stormed from her dreary office.

"Don't bother walking into this school again! You are not welcomed!" said Mrs. Hill through the door as I turned the corner.

"That's great because I don't want to be part of the brick-hating dictatorship your dippy staff call a sanctuary!" I yelled.

My main problem, some may ask? Always having to have the last word.

And yes I may act a rebel, but even rebels have weaknesses and my second main problem...?

... I'm dreading my parents reaction to this.