CHAPTER FOUR: MOVIE ANTICS

Marinette runs around her room frantically. "What am I going to do, Tikki?" She says. "I look horrible, I have nothing to wear, and I don't have any idea what I'm going to say to Adrien!"

     "Marinette, you'll be fine," Tikki says soothingly. "You don't look horrible, you look adorable! And I'm sure Adrien will think so, too."

     "You really think so?" Marinette asks with a small smile.

     Tikki nods, and gives Marinette a quick hug.

     "Marinette, you up there?" They hear Alya's voice say downstairs. Tikki quickly hides behind Marinette's computer as Alya enters the room.

     "Yep! I'm up here, all alone," Marinette says, giving the hidden kwami a subtle wink.

     "So, I invited a few other people so that it would seem more natural, since I did tell the guys we were getting a group together," Alya says.

     "Alright, that's fine," Marinette says. "Who else did you invite?"

     "Let's see... Kim and Max, Ivan and Mylène, and Nathaniel."

     "Okay, interesting group there," Marinette giggles.

     "Hey, I just ran into them all on my way over here," Alya laughs. Then she winks as she adds, "But I'll make sure that you get to sit next to Adrien."

     Marinette blushes, and giggles even more.

     "Adrien should almost be done with his photo shoot," Alya says. "I say we go ahead to the theater and get our tickets."

     Marinette nods, and begins to follow Alya out the door. But she pauses long enough for Tikki to sneak into her purse, unseen.

     At the theater, Max, Kim, and Nathaniel are already there waiting in line. "Hey guys," Alya says as she and Marinette wave at their friends. Max and Kim return the wave, but Nathaniel just smiles and looks down at the ground shyly, hugging his notepad as always.

     Marinette notices Nathaniel's reaction, and turns to Alya. "You don't think Nathaniel still has a crush on me, do you?" She whispers. "I thought he was over it."

     "With that boy, there is no telling," Alya replies.

     Before long, Ivan and Mylène show up, soon followed by Nino. The friends all buy their tickets and enter the theater, where they wait for Adrien.

     "Where is he?" Marinette wonders aloud to Alya. "The movie is about to start."

     "Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be here," Alya says.

     After a few minutes, Nino pulls out his phone. "I'll give him a call," he says. But before he gets the chance, Adrien walks into the theater, his ape-like bodyguard close behind him.

     "Sorry I'm late," he says with the most amazing smile Marinette has ever seen. He fist-bumps with Nino, and the group heads off together to find their seats.

     Marinette begins to rush in, but Alya holds her back. "Hold up girl, let's wait a second."

     "Why?" Marinette asks.

     Alya points, and Marinette looks in the same direction. She watches as Nino and Adrien find seats together, with Nino all the way at the end of an aisle and Adrien sitting next to him. Adrien's bodyguard sits in the seat directly behind him. Then, before she knows it, Alya is dragging her towards them.

     "Hey dudes, mind if we sit here?" Alya asks.

     "Not at all," Nino replies.

     Alya takes a seat, leaving one empty between her and Adrien. She discreetly taps the empty seat, and Marinette nervously sits down in it.

     "Hey Marinette," Adrien says with another amazing smile.

     "H-hi Adrien," Marinette stammers, trying to hide the fact that she is blushing like crazy. But before either of them gets the chance to say anything more, the theater grows dark and the movie starts playing.

     During the film, Marinette lies her hand down on the arm rest. Paying close attention to the movie, Adrien does the same. For a brief moment, their hands touch. A warm feeling spreads through Marinette's body, and the room feels like it has gotten a hundred degrees hotter. But as soon as the moment begins, it ends, as the two quickly jerk their hands back and avoid eye contact.