CHAPTER NINETEEN: DE-EVILIZED

With her parents hiding safely, and Cat Noir back at her side, Ladybug is ready to take on the Assist-ANT!

     "So what's the plan?" Cat Noir asks as the Akumatized victim rushes towards them, weapon at the ready.

     "Working on it," Ladybug replies, spinning her yo-yo.

     "Look out!" Cat Noir yells as a group of ants throw a car at them. He pushes Ladybug out of the way just in time.

     "Thanks Kitty," she says with a smile. But then she finds herself having to shield him from a blast from the Assist-ANT's weapon.

     "This lady is really starting to bug me," Cat Noir says, spinning his baton. "I'm not sure how many more of her antics I can take!"

     "Let's take her down," Ladybug says determinedly. "Lucky charm!"

     Having activated her super power, a magnifying glass is dropped in her hands.

     "A magnifying glass? What am I supposed to do with this?"

     "Are we playing detective now?" Cat Noir says as he fights off the swarming ants.

     Ladybug glances around her. She sees the ants closing in, keeping her from getting close to the Assist-ANT. She sees the giant fountain pen that is the Assist-ANT's weapon, and she is willing to bet that's where the Akuma is. Then she sees that the sun in the sky is particularly bright today...

     "I've got it!" She shouts. While Cat Noir continues to fend off the ants, Ladybug angles the magnifying glass just right to where the sunlight shines through it, and bends up towards the Assist-ANT.

     "Ah! What is that blinding light?!" The Assist-ANT screams, shielding her eyes with her hand.

     With the Assist-ANT distracted, Ladybug spins her yo-yo, throws it towards the fountain pen, and lassos it right out of the villain's hand. She then breaks the pen in half by striking it against her knee, and the black Akuma flies out of it.

     "Time to de-evilize!" She shouts, catching the Akuma in her yo-yo. She then releases it as a normal, white butterfly. "Bye-bye, little butterfly!"

     She then throws the magnifying glass up in the air. "Miraculous Ladybug!" Everything goes back to the way it was just in time, including all the people who were turned into ants and just about to cover Cat Noir.

     Having landed on the ground, the Assist-ANT turns back into Nathalie. "Wha-What am I doing here?" Nathalie asks, remembering nothing.

     Cat Noir walks over to Ladybug, and they bump fists. "Pound it!" They say in unison.

     Ladybug then walks over to Nathalie, and helps her stand up. "Are you okay?"

     "I think so..." Nathalie replies.

     "You should probably head home and get some rest," Cat Noir tells her.

     "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness!" They hear Alya say. She runs up to them, pointing the camera on her phone at them. "I saw the whole thing. You two saved Paris, again! So, anything you want to say for my blog?"

     Ladybug puts her arm around Cat Noir. "Just that, I couldn't do any of it without my partner!"

     Cat Noir smiles, taking one of her hands in his. "Nice job, Milday," he says, bowing slightly to kiss her hand.

     Ladybug giggles, feeling her face blush.

     "Always the gentleman," Alya laughs.