Chapter 4

We find a table for eight towards the back of the restaurant. Nick goes to sit next to Courtney, but Courtney slides into the booth first and then pulling me down, so I sit next to her. Destiny and Zari quickly take the two remaining seats. A look of hurt flashes across Nick's face before her covers it up and sighs. Nick sits across from Courtney, Ricky ends up sits across from me, Leo sits across from Zari, and Zeke across from Destiny.

"So, what does everyone like" Ricky asks, "And how many pizza's do we get?" "Well us four" Leo says motioning him ad his friends, "Usually get a meat combo one and get three pizza's since we all usually eat four to six slices." "Me, Destiny, and Courtney do a veggie pizza" Zari says, "And we split one pizza." "I'm the same as the Nick and them" I say. "Alright five pizza's then" Zeke says. Zeke, Ricky, and Leo stand up to order the pizza and get drinks. We all give them some money to buy everything with and tell them what we want to drink.

They walk off to go order. A silence takes over the table. "So, Courtney, how was your summer" Nick asks. Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't stutter once. "It was good" Courtney says, "I spent time with family, went to a cheer camp, and spent time with the girls." "Sounds like you had a fun summer" Nick says. Wow where is this confidence coming from? "I did" Courtney says, "How was your summer?" I'm guessing Courtney asked more out of politeness instead of curiosity. "It was uh g-good" Nick says, "My d-dad surprised me, so we spent the majority of su-su-summer together and I hung out with the guys."

Looks like I spoke too early. I try not to laugh, and I can see Destiny and Zari doing the same thing. Nick doesn't notice because he is focused on Courtney. "I-I-I'm going to go help L-Leo and them" Nick says standing up and walking off. As soon as he walks off all four of us burst out laughing. "Some things don't change" Destiny says. "Do you know what Nick's deal with Courtney is" Zari asks. "He has this massive crush on Courtney and wants to make Courtney his girlfriend before we graduate" I say.

"I told you he liked you Courtney" Destiny says. "Ok" Courtney says, "You were right." "Oh that poor idiot" Zari says. "Let me guess" I say, "You don't like him." "I see him as a brother" Courtney says, "That's when he isn't making a fool of himself or flirting with me." "I didn't think you two were that close" I say. "We aren't, I just see him a lot since he is Leo's best friend" Courtney says, "And Leo happens to be Destiny's brother." I look at Destiny and raise an eyebrow. "He is a year older than me" Destiny says, "And he got held back last year."

"So, what about you" Zari asks. "What about me" I ask. "You have to have a girlfriend" Zari asks. "Well sorry to disappoint" I say, "But I'm single." "Wait, seriously" Zari asks. I reply, "Seriously." "How do you not have a girlfriend" Destiny asks. I say, "Well-" "We brought drinks" Leo says. The guys give everyone their drink and take their seats. "Pizza should be here shortly" Ricky says, "What were you four talking about?" "We were just getting to know Valentine" Courtney says. "Learn anything good" Leo asks. "That somehow this chiseled to perfection boy right here is somehow single" Zari says, "Mind blowing."

I chuckle, and Leo doesn't look to happy. Destiny and Courtney nod their heads in agreement with Zari. Nick doesn't look happy about that. Ricky and Zeke are on their phones. Nick and Leo go to say something, but the pizza arrives so they don't say anything. Everyone grabs a slice and starts to eat. We talk while we eat. Me, Nick, Leo, Ricky, and Zeke finish our four pizza's and Courtney, Destiny, and Zari eat all but one. "Come one girls finish the pizza off" Ricky says, "Its only one slice." "I'm good" Zari says. "I'm full" Courtney says. "Just get a carry out box" Destiny says.

"Its one slice" Leo says, "That's a waste." "Then one of you four eat it" Zari says. "Your kidding" Nick says, "Right?" "Dead serious" Zari says. "You or Destiny eat it" Leo says, "You two only had two slices." "Fine then" Zari says, "I'll just throw it away." "That's wasting food" Leo says. "Oh my god" Courtney says, "Its just a slice of pizza, no need to go to war over it." I laugh and Courtney flashes me a smile. "I had five slices" Ricky says, "I'm stuffed." "I also had five slices" Zeke says. "I had my normal six slices" Leo says. "I ate seven slices" Nick says, "That last slice was a mistake."

Everyone looks at me. "What, don't look at me" I say, "I had nine slices." "Damn Valentine" Ricky says, "Props." We high five. "Well since no one wants it" Zari says, "I'm going to throw it away." "There are people all around the world starving" Leo says, "And you're just going to waste food." "Then eat it" Zari says. "I'm full" Leo says. "You are so annoying" Zari says, "Why am I even friends with you." "Because of my charming personality" Leo says. Zari starts laughing and Leo looks taken back. "Don't even start that thing one" Zari says in between laughs.

I roll my eyes. "Fine" I say, "I'll eat it." I grab the slice and taking a bite. "I have to go" Ricky says. "Mind if I tag along" Zeke asks. "No" Ricky says. I high five and fist bump Ricky and Zeke. Nick and Leo nod at them. They hug the girls and leave. "We should get going too" Leo says. I high five and fist bump Leo. I hug Destiny. They say good bye and leave. "Need a ride" Nick asks Courtney. "Zari is giving me a ride" Courtney says. "Well see you tomorrow then" Nick says. We say good bye and Nick leaves. Me, Zari, and Courtney throw away all the trash. "Bye girl" Zari says hugging Courtney, "See you tomorrow." Zari hugs me and then leaves.

"I thought Zari was your ride" I say. "I just said that because I didn't want Nick taking me home" Courtney says. I ask, "So how are you getting home then?" "Well I was hoping that you would take me home" Courtney says, "Since we never got to hang out one on one." "Alright" I say. We get in my car and Courtney gives me direction.  

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.