Chapter 6

"Hey Courtney..." Nick says, "I need to tell you something." "What" Courtney asks. "I'm sorry" Nick says, "I didn't mean what I said in that context. I really am sorry, so can you forgive me?" Courtney scoffs and asks, "Then what did you mean?" "That you don't expect or need all the expensive flashy things, your down to earth" Nick says, "You're not a gold digger, you're a simple girl." Destiny and Zari gasp. I shake my head at Nick. Zeke and Ricky just stared at Nick in shock. Leo pinches the bridge of his nose and says, "Dear lord Nick."

Courtney grabs someone's soda and throws it on Nick. The whole cafeteria goes quiet and mouth open in shock. Nick wipes the soda from his eyes. "Asshole" Courtney says walking out of the cafeteria followed by Destiny and Zari. Everyone starts whispering. "What the hell" Nick says, "I apologized." Ricky says, "Well...ya...you did." "So, what is her problem then" Nick asks. "You called her simple" Leo says. "So" Nick asks. "Dude" I say, "You basically called her stupid." "Wait, are you ki-" Nick says, "Seriously?"

"Yes seriously" Zeke says. Nick groans and puts his head in his hands. "Everything I say is taken out of context" Nick says. Is this guy for real? Leo puts his hand on Nick's shoulder, "Don't worry Nicky boy, you will get your girl. But, first, go and take a shower because your all sticky, then we will meet up to help you plan the most epic apology ever." "Alright" Nick says walking out of the cafeteria. "Idiot" I mumble. "You say something" Leo asks. "No" I say. I begin to walk out of the cafeteria when Leo asks, "Where are you going? We should start brainstorming ideas."

Are you kidding? Why would I want to do that? And shouldn't Nick be the one doing this and not his friends? Whatever, I don't really care. "I needed to talk to my teacher about something" I say. "Well see you later then" Leo says. I walk out of the cafeteria and sigh. I have about ten minutes to kill, so I go to my locker. I put everything I don't need in my locker and everything I need I take out. I might as well go to class. I take my time walking to class, just thinking about everything. This is the first time since I came out to my dad that I am genuinely happy. And I came out three and half years ago.

Ricky and Zeke seem like people I could be friends with, even though I haven't really talked or hung out with them by themselves. Leo and Nick are just plain annoying. I don't see why Ricky, Zeke, Courtney, and Zari are friends with them. And then I just feel bad for Destiny since Leo is her brother and Nick is his best friend. Zari and Destiny seem really cool from the short conversation I had with them yesterday. I would really like to get to know them better. And then there is Courtney. I smile just thinking of her name.

Sure, this is the tenth school I have attended in the last three and half years. And sure, I have seen quite a few cute girls in those three and half years. But, these feelings that I am experiencing right now are like nonother I have ever experienced before. I didn't even experience these feelings with my ex-girlfriend. There's just something different about Courtney, she is special. Is this what love at first sight feels like? Is love at first sight even a real thing? Woah, why am I thinking about love, I just meet her yesterday. I don't think I have a crush on Courtney anymore, I think I like her, I genuinely like her.

I'm not sure, but I think she might have feelings for me to. But, I don't know to what capacity, I don't know if she sees me as a friend or something more. I hope its something more. Shit, if she like me as more than a friend, this just got way more complicated. Well this really sucks. No matter what I do, it's a loose loose situation for me. Even though I want to act on my feelings, I can't, even though I really want to. I will be leaving in a matter of months. If my dad finds out about my feelings, I will be leaving in two weeks, max. I either stay friends or just ignore her completely, tell her about my feelings or suffer in silence.

The bell rings knocking me out of my thoughts. I walk into class and take my seat. Ugh, I'm between a rock and a hard place. I don't want to hurt Courtney or break her heart, but I don't want to start something I can't finish. And I really don't want to have a long distance relationship. I have to figure out the best course of action and fast. "Hey" Courtney says taking her seat and smiling. "Hey" I reply and smile, "What's going through that head of yours?" "A lot. That "apology" Nick said. It just makes me see him as more of an asshole and I'm still very upset by what he said. And knowing Nick, I will have to keep dealing with these shit apologies until I forgive him" Courtney says, "I'm happy that you're my lab partner."

Before I can reply, the bell rings and the teacher begins the lesson. Unlike yesterday, we focus today. Once the bell rings, we walk to P.E. "You want to hang out after school" I ask, it will be the perfect time to talk with Courtney. "Yes" Courtney says. I walk into the locker room and see it is full. "You just had class with Courtney right" Nick asks. "...Yes" I say. "Did she uh did she say anything" Nick asks. "We talked a little before class started and then she answered a questioned" I respond. I knew what he meant, but I couldn't resist. "Did she say anything about me" Nick asks. "She called you an asshole again" I reply.

"Don't worry Nicky boy, come tomorrow" Leo says, "Not only will she have forgiven you, but she will be your date to Ricky's party on Friday. She will see how amazing you are and will become your girlfriend." Ha! That's the best joke I have heard all day. Leo is hilarious. Nick smiles and says, "Your right." I roll my eyes and quickly change in a corner away from everyone. I put my things in a locker and walk out. So, we learn the basics of volleyball and practiced the basics.

Once P.E. was over I changed quickly in a corner away from everyone. I was about to leave, when Leo stopped me. "So, we are going to meet at that pizza place that we ate at yesterday" Leo says. Why would I want to help Nick? He is annoying as hell and not to mention I like Courtney, why would I want to help someone win over Courtney? "Sorry, my dad needs help setting something's up at the house" I lie, "I'll see if I can get out of it." "Ok" Leo says. Leo and Nick walk out followed shortly by Ricky and Zeke.

I walk to my locker. I get everything I need and put in my backpack and everything I don't need I put in my locker. I walk out front and see Courtney waiting. "Ready" I ask. "Yep" Courtney says. We walk to my car and get in. We decide to go to the mall. Courtney directs me to the mall. We get out and start walking around. I take a deep breath, its now or never. "Courtney" I say, "I..."

Thanks for reading.  Thanks for over a hundred reads on chapter one.  What did you think?  What do you think is going to happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.