Chapter 9

I'm back guys, sorry for the long hiatus.  Please enjoy this chapter.

"Hey" Nick yells. The cafeteria goes silent. "Courtney Moon" Nick says, "Will you be my date to the party?" Me, Destiny, and Zari try not to laugh, but fail. "Fine" Courtney says. She said yes. Why the hell would she say yes? Courtney doesn't like Nick. I look over at Destiny and Zari to see as equally shocked looks. Leo is smiling and Ricky high-fives Nick. Zeke is looking at the ground. What the hell just happened? I look at Courtney and raise my eyebrow. She shrugs as Zari and Destiny drags her off to the side.

I see them get into what looks like a heated conversation. "See I told you she would say yes" Leo says. "Ok ok" Nick says smiling, "You were right." "No funny business Ricky" Leo says, "That's my little sister." "Chill" Ricky says, "I will only go at Destiny's pace." I get up and walk out of the cafeteria. This makes no sense. Why do I even care if Courtney and Nick are going to the party together? Oh that's right, I like her.

I'm so into my thoughts that I run into someone. Before they can fall onto the ground, I grab their arm. I look to see who it is and see that was Courtney. "Sorry" I say. "Its fine" Courtney says smiling, "I was actually looking for you." I let go of her arm and raise my eyebrow, "Were you now?" "Yes I was" Courtney says. We start walking to chemistry, "And why were you looking for me?" "You left in quite a hurry" Courtney says. "I needed to get something from my locker" I reply, "Was just wondering why you said yes." "I have my reasons" Courtney says. "Mhm" I say not asking anything else even though I want to know why.

Friday

I just finished packing everything and look around the now empty room. I sigh and pull my phone out of my pocket. There are a few text messages from my friends I guess you could call them that saying something along the lines that they are going to miss me and hope that I have a safe flight. It is now seven and we are leaving in about twenty minutes to the airport. But something isn't sitting right with me. Ever since I got home, there is this uneasy feeling that something bad is going to happen and I can't shake it. It probably has something to do with the fact that Courtney is going to the party with Nick. Screw this, I'm going.

Sneaking to the edge of the stairs, I see my dad on the phone. I walk back to my room, closing and locking the door. Walking over to my window, I open it, climb out, and close it. I jump onto a tree branch and climb down the tree. I walk over to the front of the house and see my dad still on the phone through the window. His back is to me and I make a mad dash to my car. Ducking behind my car and open the door. Looking back at the window to see my dad writing something down and his back still to me. I quickly jump in and drive off.

I arrive, park my car, and walk into Ricky's house. So, this is what a high school party looks like. Music is blaring from speakers and the smell is a mixture of alcohol and sweaty teens. There are people making out, people dancing if you could even call it that, people talking, a few people passed out, and a group of guys playing beer pong. I start looking around for Courtney. After searching for a few minutes, I spot her getting a drink. A guy starts talking to her and touching her. She turns around and slaps the guy. Everyone laughs and the guy looks angry. Then he smirks at Courtney and says something.

I see the guy getting Courtney her drink smirking and put something in her drink. He hands Courtney her drink. Where the hell is Nick. Some date he is, looks like I will have to help Courtney. Walking over to Courtney, someone grabs my shoulder. I grab who ever is grabbing my shoulder and twist their arm while kicking out their legs. "Shit dude" Leo says in pain, "I was just coming over to say hi." I let go of Leo's hand and he stands up holding is wrist, "Natural reaction." Zari comes over laughing, "That was hilarious." "Valentine my man" Ricky says and we fist bump, "You made it."

"What are you doing here" Destiny asks, "I thought you were leaving." "Change of plans" I say, "So I figured I would swing by." "I'm glad you did" Ricky says. "Let's go play some beer pong" Leo says, "Me and Nick vs you and Ricky." "I'm just going to grab a drink first" I say, finding Courtney is the number one priority. "Alright" Leo says and then shouts, "Me and Nick vs Valentine and Ricky next." They walk off and I franticly start looking everywhere for Courtney. Downstairs was a bust so, I run upstairs and start searching all the bedrooms.

I open the last bedroom door and see an unconscious Courtney in her bra and underwear laying on the bed surrounded by four guys in their boxers. "I'm first since she slapped me" one of the guys says. He lays down on top of Courtney and is about to take off her bra when I shout, "Assholes." They all look at me. "Wrong room" another guy says. "No" I say, "I think I'm in the right room." "Look just walk out and forget what you saw and we won't beat you up" a different guy says, "Deal?"

I grab the nearest object which was a lamp and slam it onto the closest guys head, knocking him out. Sorry Ricky. "Or you leave and I won't kick your asses and call the police." "Get him" the guy that Courtney slaps says. At least its three against one instead of four against one. One of the guys charge and throws a punch.

Thanks for reading.  Sorry again for the hiatus, but now I'm back.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.