Chapter 8

I wake up all stiff and sore. I rub my eyes and look around. I see that I cried myself to sleep last night. I fell asleep on the floor, that was a mistake. I stand up and stretch. Different bones pop and I instantly feel better. I pull out my phone and check the time. Five in the morning. Eww, it's too early. Whatever, I might as well get ready because I am not going to fall back to sleep anytime soon. I grab some clothes and take a shower. Once I get done I check the time and see that it is only Five twenty. I take a step and hear a crunch.

I look down and see that I stepped on glass. I then remember throwing the picture of me and my dad against the wall. I guess I must have been so upset that I didn't clean up the glass. I see the picture of me and my dad. There's only one place that this belongs. I grab the picture and crumple it. I throw the picture into the trashcan and clean up the glass. Walk downstairs and I don't see my dad anywhere. He must not have come home last night. I grab my things and walk to my car.

Once I reach my destination, I get out of my car. I close my eyes and take in a deep breath. I feel the wind blow through my hair and smell the saltiness. I open my eyes and smile. Some of my best memories were made at the beach. Me, my mom, and my dad used to go all the time back in Miami before my mom died. I walk onto the beach and take off my shoes. I walk a little further down the beach and then sit. I watch the waves crash against the sand. It's so peaceful and quiet here, I wish I could just stay here forever and forget all of my problems. Too bad I can't so that.

I have to tell them that my last day will be Friday because I am leaving Friday night, so I won't be able to go to the party. Life would be so much simpler if I was a boy. I wouldn't be gay, I would be straight. I wouldn't have to move all the time then because my dad wouldn't be doing this "for my own good". I wouldn't be lying to people by not telling them that I'm a girl and not a boy. Well that's partially true. I am in the wrong for not correcting people, but I only do that because I'm always moving so I don't see the point, but people should never just assume that I am a boy. So, they are in the wrong for that.

Ya sure if I was a boy, I'd have a simpler life, but I wouldn't be who I am today. Everything I have been through has made me who I am today. Sure, I wouldn't be moving all the time and I wouldn't be attending multiple schools a year and I wouldn't be the quiet loner new kid. But the biggest thing would have been that I may never have meet Courtney. And who knows, we could have meet years down the road, but probably under very different circumstances. I look at my phone for the time and see that it is seven thirty. Damn, I have been here for over an hour just thinking and clearing my head.

I grab my shoes and stand up. I put on my shoes and walk to my car. I get some breakfast on the way to school. I walk to my locker and plug in my combination. "We didn't see you last night" Nick says. Oh joy, I was hoping to avoid Nick and Leo for a little longer. "Like I said yesterday, I had to help my dad" I say, "It took longer than I thought." "Relax Nicky boy, it doesn't matter" Leo says, "We came up with the perfect plan." "Dude are you ok" Ricky asks, "You look like shit." "I'm fine" I say. "It's time" Leo says.

I look over and see Courtney walking towards us with Destiny and Zari. I flash a smile at Courtney and Courtney smiles back. "Hey" I say. "Hey" Courtney says. "Are you ok Valentine" Destiny asks. "Ya" I reply, "Why?" "You look like shit" Zari says. "I'm fine" I reply. "Courtney" Nick says, "I just want to say-" "Look if I forgive you" Courtney says, "Will you stop with your pathetic apologies?" "I uh yes" Nick says. "Ok" Courtney says, "Then I forgive you." "Thank you" Nick says smiling and then his smile vanishes, "Wait , what do you mean pathetic?" I smile and roll my eyes. Courtney giggles. I should probably tell Courtney first.

Ricky pulls out a rose from his backpack. "So, I asked your brother what your favorite flower was, and he said the red ones, so I got you a rose" Ricky says, "So will you be my hostess, I'll even take you to dinner beforehand." Destiny says, "As long as I get to choose where." Ricky smiles and says, "Deal." "Wanna be my thing two" Leo asks. "That's Nick" Zari says, "And you're an asshole." "Would an asshole do this" Leo asks. Leo gets on his knees and asks, "Will you be my date to the party and go on an actually date with me Saturday?" Zari studies Leo for a few seconds and says, "This is your one and only chance." "Ok" Leo says smiling.

The day goes by slowly. I am currently sitting in Biology. We are currently watching a video about something whatever we are studying. This is probably the best time to tell Courtney, its now or never. "Courtney" I whisper. Courtney looks at me and whispers, "What?" "I have to tell you something" I whisper, "I'm leaving Friday." "What" Courtney whispers. "I leave Friday night" I whisper. "You weren't kidding when you said you would be leaving soon" Courtney whispers, "I just thought you wouldn't be leaving so soon." "Me neither" I whisper, "Me neither Courtney."

"Who else have you told" Courtney whispers. "No one" I whisper, "You're the first one actually." "So, when are you going to tell the others" Courtney whispers. I whisper, "At lunch." "Courtney. Valentine. Be quiet and watch the video" the teacher says. "Sorry" we mutter and go back to watching the video. The bell rings a few minutes later. We grab our things and walk to lunch. We see everyone else at the table. We sit down. "Hey" Destiny says. "Hey" Courtney says. "So, are you coming to my party Friday Valentine" Ricky asks, "Ordo we have to literally drag you to it?"

"Sorry guys, I can't come" I say. "Why" Zari asks. "I'm leaving Friday night" I reply. "What" Nick asks. "I'll still be coming to school Friday" I say, "I will just be leaving a few hours after school ends." "That sucks" Destiny says, "I was looking forward to getting to know you." "Eh, its whatever" I say. "Well um" Nick says, "Courtney will you be my date to the party?" "Just because I forgave you doesn't mean we are on good terms" Courtney says. "Don't make me get everyone's attention" Nick says. "You would just humiliate yourself" Zari says.

"Ok fine" Nick says standing up on the table. "Holy shit" Destiny says, "I thought he was bluffing." "Hey" Nick yells. The cafeteria goes silent. "Courtney Moon" Nick says, "Will you be my date to the party?" Me, Destiny, and Zari try not to laugh, but fail. "Fine" Courtney says. I stop laughing and say, "What?"

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.