Chapter 5

Ten minutes later we arrive at Courtney's house. "I had fun today" Courtney says. "Me too" I say. "Text me when you get home" Courtney says. "Kinda hard to do that if I don't have your number" I say. I give Courtney my phone and she puts her number in. "Now that you have my number" Courtney says, "Text me when you get home." "Will do" I reply. I get out of my car and open her door. I walk Courtney to the front door. She unlocks the door. "I'll see you tomorrow" I say. "See you tomorrow" Courtney says. We hug and I walk back to my car. I get in and wave to Courtney. She waves back and I drive home.

I arrive home and see my dad at the table working. "There's food in the kitchen" my dad says not looking up. "Not hungry" I reply and walk up to my room. I throw my backpack on the ground and fall onto my bed. I pull out my phone and go to my contacts. I find Courtney's contact and text her. 'Hey Courtney, this is Valentine. Just wanted to let you know I made it home safely.' I send the text to Courtney and start my homework. After a few hours I finish all my homework and I take a shower. Before I go to bed, I check my phone and see I have two text from Courtney. 'Thanks for letting me know. I can't wait to see you tomorrow.' 'I had a blast today. Good night Valentine.' That night I go to bed with a smile on my face.

I wake up to my annoying alarm clock. I groan and turn it off. I do my morning routine and walk downstairs. I don't see my dad anywhere, he must be at work. I quickly make myself breakfast and eat it. I then go to school. I arrive at school and park my car. I grab my backpack and exit my car. I walk to my locker. I start pulling out everything I need and putting everything I don't need in my locker. I close my locker and see Nick's face. "Hey man" Nick says. "Uh hi" I reply. Leo, Ricky, and Zeke walk over. "Can I help you" I ask.

"What" Nick asks, "We can't come over and say hi to our friend?" I'm not your friend, but I'm not gonna bother telling you that because one you probably won't even listen and two I will be leaving in a matter of months. "Whatever" I end up saying. "Hey Valentine" I hear a voice I instantly recognize say. I smile and say, "Hey Courtney." I look up and see Courtney, Zari, and Destiny. "Hi Courtney" Nick says smiling. "Hi" Courtney says. "Destiny" Ricky says, "A host needs a hostess, what do you say?" "You need to step up your game" Destiny says. "Let me show you how it's done" Leo says and looks at Zari, "Lets create some memories together this Friday night." "Let's not" Zari says.

"Ya" Ricky says, "You totally showed me how it's done." Me, Nick, and Zeke burst out in laughter. "Ha ha ha" Leo says, "Very funny." "Hey Courtney, want to go to the party with me" Nick asks, "I'll even take you to dinner since it won't be very expensive." Everyone looks at Nick. "Choose your next words wisely dude" Leo whispers. "What is that suppose to mean" Courtney asks. "It was just an observation" Nick says, "You may have some fat to you, but you watch what you eat because you're a cheerleader." Everyone's mouth drops open. Leo face palms. Ricky and Zeke are looking between Courtney and Nick. Destiny and Zari gasp. I whisper, "He did not just say that."

The hallway goes silent when Courtney slaps Nick in the face. There is a visible handprint on his cheek. "Oh shit" I whisper. Courtney looks furious. Destiny and Zari drag her into the girl's restroom. "She slapped me" Nick says, "Why the hell did she slap me?" "Dude" I say, "You just called her a cheap date and fat." "No" Nick says, "No I didn't." "Uh ya dude" Leo says, "You did. You may have not directly said it, but that's what you indicated." Nick thinks over what he said for a few seconds. "Dammit" Nick says, "I have to apologize." Nick goes to walk over to the girl's bathroom, but Zeke stops. "Let go" Nick says. "Trust me" Zeke says, "You don't want to do that." "Take it from me since I have a sister" Leo says, "Let her cool off and then apologize." Nick sighs and says, "Ok."

Me and Nick head to history. We take our seats and the bell rings. The teacher begins the lesson. "I am such an idiot" Nick whispers. "Yes you are" I mumble. "What did you say" Nick whispers. "Nothing" I whisper. Nick whispers, "What should I do?" I whisper, "Why are you asking me?" "Because you're the only one here" Nick whispers. "Just give her time to cool off" I whisper, "And then apologize." "Mr. Reid, Mr. Thatcher" Mrs. Millers says, "Would you like to tell the class what is so important that you had to interrupt me?" "No" we say. "Then don't interrupt me" Mrs. Miller says, "That is your only warning."

The rest of the lesson we payed attention. Then in English, instead of working on the paper, Nick wrote out several apologies. Once English ended me and Nick parted ways and I went to Biology. Finally, no Nick til lunch. I walked in and see Courtney. I sit next to Courtney. "Hi" I say. "Hey" Courtney says smiling. "Please tell me your good at Biology" I say. "I am" Courtney says, "Why." "Good" I say, "Because I suck at Biology." Courtney giggles, "Is that the only reason you sat by me?" "Possibly" I say. Courtney playfully slaps me, "Rude." I say, "That and the amazing view." Courtney blushes and look away.

What are you doing, stop flirting with her. You are moving in a matter of months. The teacher walks in and I pay attention. Turns out me and Courtney have calculus together next period. I explained everything we went over in the lesson to Courtney throughout the lesson. The bell rings and it is lunch time. "Just to give you a heads up" I say, "Nick is going to apologize to you." "That's going to be good" Courtney says. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but" I say, "He does feel really bad and realizes that he was a dick." "Let's go get this over with" Courtney says. Me and Courtney walk into the cafeteria and to the table Nick, Leo, Zeke, Ricky, Zari, and Destiny are sitting at. "Hey Courtney..." Nick says, "I need to tell you something."

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.