Chapter 16

It is finally Friday, the day I finally get out of this damn hospital. I still have to take it easy for at least a week and will still have to come to the hospital for a few checkups, but I'm finally getting out. And I also can't go back to school until I am healed. The only down side is that I only get to see Courtney when she isn't in school or has cheer practice. And also, tonight we are apparently having dinner with the Moon's that I was not aware of until as of a few seconds ago when my dad came to take me home.

I just finished changing and my dad is waiting for me in my room. "You ready to go bud" my dad asks. "Hell yes" I reply, "If I have to stare at a white wall any longer or eat another bite of green jello, I'm going to lose it." My dad chuckles and we walk to the car. My dad drives home and when we arrive, I settle onto my temporary bed, the couch. "Dinner starts at six" my dad says. "Ok" I say. "I'm going to the office for a few hours" my dad says, "If you need anything, call me." I reply, "Will do."

My dad walks out of the house and I end up taking falling asleep. I wake up to knocking on the door and see that it is three thirty. I get up and slowly walk to the door. I open it and see Courtney, Zari, and Destiny. "Hey" I say. "Hi" they say. "Um come in" I say. They walk in and I close the door. "What's up" I ask laying back down on the couch, "Don't you three have cheer practice?" "It got cancelled" Zari says. "And we needed to get away from Nick and Leo" Destiny says. Zari says, "And we knew this is the one place they won't look."

"Well that's the only perk of being confined to a hospital room" I say, "You have an excuse to avoid crazy people." Zari, Destiny, and Courtney laugh. "Did your dad tell you that your coming over for dinner tonight" Courtney asks. "Ooooh" Destiny and Zari say. I roll my eyes and say, "Ya I found out when my dad came to pick me up this morning." "Do you need anything Valentine" Courtney asks. "No I'm good-" I stop talking as a though crosses my mind, "On second thought, I could use another pillow, a few more blankets, and my medication. Look in closet on first floor, third door on left. Medication is in bathroom across the hallway, one pill and a glass of water."

"Ok" Courtney says walking upstairs. I wait til I can't see Courtney anymore then look at Zari and Destiny, "I need your guys help." "Jeez Valentine" Zari says, "You just told Courtney to get you all that stuff and you need more, demanding much." "Zari" Destiny says smacking Zari's head, "Valentine is hurt." "Sorry" Zari says, "What else does his highness need?" "Ha ha very funny" I say, "I just told Courtney that to get her out of the room." "Wait" Destiny says, "Why can't Courtney hear this?" "Because I want to ask her out on a date" I say, "Only problem is, I don't know what to do. I want to make it special."

"That's so sweet" Destiny says. "You seriously can't think of anything" Zari asks. "For your info" I say, "I've only dated one girl and we only went on a few dates. Besides, that was four years ago." "Sure..." Zari says. "Will you help me or not" I ask. "Do you have any ideas" Destiny asks. "I was thinking maybe a picnic, or we go walk around somewhere" I say. "A picnic" Zari says, "Definitely picnic." "If you can, make the food" Destiny says, "And go somewhere you can watch the sunset."

"Got it" I say. "What you guys talking about" Courtney asks walking over with a pillow, a few blankets, my pill, and a glass of water. "I was just thanking Zari for the other day" I reply. "See I told you he would like it" Zari says, "Why do you two always doubt me?" Courtney and Destiny give Zari the 'are you serious' look. "Do you really want us to answer that" Destiny asks. "No..." Zari says, "You don't have to be mean about it." We hear the door open and my dad walks in. "I'm home Val" my dad says walking into the living room and he sees Courtney, Destiny, and Zari, "Hello there, I didn't realize we had guest."

"We were just leaving Mr. Reid" Courtney says, "Just came by to make sure we were still on for dinner." "Call me Henry Courtney" My dad says, "And yes." "I will see you two in a few hours" Courtney says. "Bye" I say. "Bye" Courtney says. Courtney, Destiny, and Zari walk out of the house. "I thought you said a few hours" I say. "Something came up" my dad says. I nod as he walks to his office. I watch tv until it's time to leave.

We arrive and it takes a few minutes for me to walk to the door. My dad knocks and one of Courtney's sisters' answers. "Valentine and Henry are here" she says and invites us in. I look to my right and see Courtney walking over. All I can do is stare, she is wearing a blouse and skinny jeans. "Hey" Courtney says. "Hi" I say, "You look beautiful." Courtney blushes and says, "Thanks." Me and Courtney talk until dinner is ready. Once dinner is ready, I sit next to Courtney and across from one of her sisters.

"I don't think we have been properly introduced" Courtney's mom says, "I'm Anabel. Mia is across from you and that's Kelly." "Hi" I say. During dinner, I get to know everyone better. Kelly is the oldest and is finishing up her last year of college and Mia is starting her second year of college. Kelly is getting a business degree and Mia is going for her bachelor's in education. Anabel is a doctor and their dad left them ten years ago.

Once dinner is over, my dad and Anabel talk, Kelly and Mia excuse themselves, me and Courtney go to her room. I enter and look around. It is light pink. Pictures of Courtney, her friends, and random things are allover the wall. She has a bunch of cheerleading trophies. "Nice room" I say. Courtney sits on her bed and motions for me to sit next to her. I sit next to her and she lays her head on my shoulder. "I miss seeing you this week" Courtney says. "If everything checks out I'll be coming back in a week" I say, "Give or take."

Courtney looks at me. I look into her eyes and glance down at her lips then back into her eyes. I see Courtney glance down at my lips. I lean in and connect our lips. Courtney immediately kisses me back. Courtney lays down and pulls me on top of her. I settle in between her legs without breaking the kiss. We kiss for a few more seconds before I pull away. "I'm picking you up Friday at six" I say. "Why" Courtney asks. "Because you have a date" I say. "Can't wait" Courtney says and reconnects our lips.

Thanks for reading.  Thank you for over a thousand reads on chapter one.  Thank you for over five hundred reads on chapters two through thirteen.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.