Chapter 23

Sorry for the late update, please enjoy.

It's been a few months since my dad died and I almost told Courtney. And no, I haven't told her yet. I know what you are all thinking, so stop it. My dad died, give me a break. A week after we were told, there was a funeral for him. I'm just glad I had Courtney, my friends, and my aunt by my side for the last few months. Prom is a few weeks away and then graduation is only a month away.

I asked Courtney to prom a few days ago and she said yes. I am going to tell Courtney the truth after prom is over, the last thing I want to do is ruin the magical night for her. Me and my aunt got my tuxedo for prom yesterday. Courtney showed my aunt the dress she is wearing so that we can match. Ricky and Destiny are going together. Leo asked Zari to be his prom date and she said no. Zari then got asked by one of the jocks and she said yes. Leo and Nick then asked two cheerleaders to be their prom dates and they said yes. Zeke is the only one in the group going to prom without a date.

The bell knocks me out of my thoughts. I stuff everything into my backpack and then walk to lunch with Courtney. "You ok Val" Courtney asks. "Ya..." I reply, "I was just thinking about my dad." "I know I didn't know him very well" Courtney says, "But in the time that I did get to know your dad, I know he wouldn't want you to be sad and still mourning his lose. He would want you to remember the good times." I smile and say, "Your right." "Duh" Courtney says, "I'm always right." I chuckle and shake my head while Courtney giggles. We walk over to where our friends are sitting and start eating lunch while we talk about prom and graduation.

Prom Night

Once I finish getting dressed, my aunt takes what feels like a million pictures before she releases me. Before I know it, I'm at Courtney's house and knocking on the door. Anabel opens the door and lets me know Courtney will be done in a few minutes. While I'm waiting, Anabel takes a few pictures. I hear someone walking down the stairs and look over. My eyes go wide and my mouth hangs open as I stare at Courtney. "Woah..." I say. Courtney giggles and says, "You clean up nice."

I walk over and hold out my hand when Courtney reaches the last step. "You look very beautiful" I say. "You look very handsome" Courtney says. I put the corsage that my aunt gave me around Courtney's wrist. Anabel then takes a million pictures of us. Once she is done, we walk to my car, get in, and head to prom. Me and Courtney get out of my car and walk to the gym. Once we make it in, we look for our friends. We spot Ricky, Destiny, Zari, and her date sitting at a table. We walk over to them.

Nick, Leo, and their dates arrive shortly after we do. Zeke is the last to arrive. We then all hit the dance floor and dance the night away having the time of our lives. Me and Courtney dance to so many songs that we lost count. Courtney made sure to dance every slow song. When we weren't dancing, were enjoying the refreshments and talking to each other or anyone else at the table. We got our picture taken together, a group picture, just the girls, and just the guys. Before I knew it, prom was almost over.

"Can I have everyone's attention" Nick says. Everyone stops talking and looks over at Nick and Leo standing on the stage. "I am this year's chosen senior to reflect on the last four years" Nick says, "And also to announce this year's prom king and queen." Everyone claps. "While I reflect can all the candidates please gather on stage" Nick says, "What can I say about these last four years? There were all nighters, earlier mornings, stressful days or weeks, unforgettable moments, amazing memories, and friends for life."

"All in all" Leo says, "One of the worst and best four years of our lives." Everyone laughs and Nick says, "Congratulations to the class of twenty-nineteen." Everyone claps and cheers. "This year me and Leo put together a short video about the seniors" Nick says, "Please enjoy." The lights dim and video start to play behind everyone on the stage. The video highlights all the big events that the seniors took part in and a handful of seniors either telling a secret no one knew about them or saying something that they learned in the last four years.

Courtney, Ricky, Leo, and Zari were featured in the video. Nick appears on screen, "Something that I have learned in the past fours years...lets see there is so much. I know, interesting fact, Valentine is in fact a she, not a he. I thought you should know the truth Courtney...I thought you should all know." The video ends and my eyes are wide. Everyone is whispering and looking at me. I look over to see all my friends are shocked while Leo and Nick are smirking. Mine and Courtney's eyes meet. I gulp, "Courtney...I can explain."

Thanks for reading.  Again sorry for the late update.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.