Chapter 10

One of the guys charge and throws a punch. I dodge it easily and throw him into the wall. I turn to face the other two guys as one of them comes at me. I kick his feet out from under him and he falls to the ground. His friend grabs me and I grab his arm. I flip him over my back and onto his friend. The guy on the bottom groans and the guy that I threw into the wall finally gets up. He charges me once again. Instead of punching me, he wraps his arms around my waist and rams me into the wall. I groan and barley dodge the punch that was thrown. I headbutt him and he stumbles back holding his head.

One of the guys that was on the ground punch me in the jaw and I stumble. I see that they have surrounded me. I feign an attack to my right and grab the guy to my left and throw him at the wall. His head ends up hitting the corner of the dresser and he falls to the ground. Two down, two to go. I roundhouse kick the guy that was on my right and he falls to the floor. The other guy throws a punch and I dodge it. I throw a punch and he dodges it. He throws another punch and instead of dodging it, I grab his hand and twist it behind his back. He grunts in pain and falls to his knees.

I'm about to dislocate his shoulder, when I see the fourth guy coming at me. I pick up the guy I have and he ends up taking the punch that was meant for me. I drop him to the ground and look at the final guy. "Your going to pay for this" he says and lunges. He tackles me to the ground and starts throwing punches. I block most of them, but he gets two in before I kick him off of me. I jump up quickly and kick him into the wall. I punch him in the face and stomach a few times before I grab his shoulder and bring his head down to meet my knee. He falls to the floor out cold.

Now that all the guys are unconscious, I walk over to Courtney. I quickly check her to make sure she is fine and confirm that she is ok. I put her pants on her and then put my jacket on her and zip it up. I pick her up bridal style and carry her out. Walking downstairs, Destiny and Zari are to the side of the beer pong game talking. "Hey" I say. "Ricky and Leo were-" Destiny says and then sees Courtney, "Oh my god, Courtney." "What happened" asks Zari. "A guy spiked her drink and then him and three of his friends were going to..." I say, "Luckily I found her before they could."

I sit her down on the ground. "Can you watch her" I ask, "I have to go find Nick." "We got her" Destiny says. "Make sure to knock some sense into Nick" Zari says. I walk off to find Nick and Leo walks over. "We were looking for you" Leo says, "This game is just about to end." "Not now" I say, "Where's Nick?" Leo points to the kitchen where Nick is talking to a group of girls while getting a drink. I walk over and Nick asks, "Is it our turn?" I punch him in the face and he stumbles back.

"What the hell" Nick asks holding his nose. I grab him by the hair and dunk his head in the punch bowl for a few seconds. When I release him, he gasp for air. "Do you have any idea where Courtney is" I ask. "Seriously" Nick says, "You punched and water boarded me to only ask where Courtney was?" "Just tell me" I say. "I think she said something about getting a drink" Nick says. "Try again" I say. "Um hanging out with Destiny and Zari" Nick says. "Are you serious you don't know where your own date is" I ask. "Jeez it's a party, she could be anywhere" Nick says getting frustrated, "I don't see the big deal." "Your unbelievable" I say.

"Relax man" Nick says rolling his eyes, "She's fine." I clench my jaw and knock his drink out of his hand. "What the hell is your problem" Nick asks. I grab his shirt and slam him into the wall. "Dude calm down" Leo says trying to get me to release Nick. I elbow Leo in the face and he falls to the ground holding his face. "I'll tell you where your date is since apparently it's not a big deal" I say, "Courtney is in the other room unconscious from some date rape drug." "Wait what" Nick asks, "Courtney was-" "No" I say, "Because luckily I happened to be in the right place at the right time." "I need to see her" Nick says. "Now you care" I mumble and release Nick.

"Nick, Courtney was-" Ricky says running in, "What the hell happened in here?" "I was telling Nick what happened" I say. "Ok, but what exactly happened to Nick and Leo though" Ricky asks. "That's not important right now" I say walking out of the kitchen and to Courtney. "How is she" I ask. Zari says, "Still unconscious." "Hopefully whatever she was given wares off soon" I say. Destiny asks, "Where was Nick when all of this was happening?" I say, "Well I found him in the kitchen drinking and talking to a group of girls." Destiny scoffs and Zari says, "Some date."

"Tell me about it" I say, "I'll take her home." "Slow down" Nick says walking up with a glass of water, "I'll take her home." "Not happening" Destiny says. Zari adds, "Especially after what happened tonight." "Nothing happened to her" Nick says. "Do you hear yourself" I ask, "Nothing happened to her because I came. You do realize that if I hadn't come Courtney would have been raped." "Can we not start something" Leo says, "Enough has already gone down tonight." "Ok" me and Nick say. "Me, Ricky, and Valentine will take care of the guys upstairs while Nick takes Courtney home" Leo says. "No way" Destiny says.

"I don't want Nick anywhere near Courtney" Zari says. "Babe relax" Leo says, "Nick just made an honest mistake and he feels bad. He needs to make this right." "Once an asshole always an asshole" Zari says, "And find yourself a new babe." "Your joking" Leo says. "Hey" Ricky says, "I agree that Nick needs to make this right." "See" Leo says. "But" Ricky says, "I don't think it should be tonight, Courtney just went through a dramatic experience. He should give it a couple days." "That's fair" Destiny says. "You're only saying that because you want to get into Destiny's pants" Leo says.

"Or we could wait for Courtney to wakeup and see what she wants" Ricky says. "We wait then" Nick says. There's a knock on the door, Ricky takes Leo and Nick with him. I sigh and sit down next to Courtney. "Valentine" Courtney asks. "Hey" I say and hand her the water. She finishes the cup and ask, "What happened?" "Your drink was spiked" I say, "And these four guys brought you to a bedroom-" Courtney starts crying and says, "I was..." "No, you weren't" I say wiping the tears away with my thumb, "I got there just in time."

Courtney hugs me. "Thank you Val" Courtney says. "No problem Court" I say. "Can you take me home" Courtney asks, "I really don't want to see anyone else, especially Nick." "Ya" I say, "At least tell Zari and Destiny, they are really worried." "Ok" Courtney says. I stand up and then help Courtney stand up. She doesn't release my hand, instead she holds on tighter. "I'm here" I say, "I'm not going anywhere." Courtney seems to relax a little after I say that. We find Zari and Destiny in the kitchen. Destiny, Zari, and Courtney say their goodbyes. Me and Courtney get into my car and I take Courtney home.

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  Whose side are you on?  Which character is your favorite so far?  Which character is your least favorite so far?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.