Chapter 21

I woke up to someone's car horn going off. I groan and cover my head with my pillow to try and block out the car horn. It didn't work. "Somebody turn off that damn car horn" I grumble to myself. After it became apparent that no one was going to turn off the damn car horn, I sigh and uncover my head. I grab my phone and see that it is eight thirty in the morning. "Ugh" I say getting out of bed. I grab some clothes and walk into my bathroom to take a shower when the car horn stops. "You have got to be kidding me" I say. I look down at the clothes in my hand then to my bed and down at the clothes in my hand.

"I'm already up might as well start my day" I say. I undress and hop into the shower. While washing my hair, my mind begins to wonder. Since we went paintballing, Nick hasn't tried or said anything, but I still don't trust him or Leo at all. Nick and Leo are always whispering to each other. Me and my dad talk on the phone as often as possible. My dad was trying to be home for Christmas but couldn't leave. It sucks, but he said that he was instead going to come home for my birthday. Me and my aunt spent Thanksgiving with the Moons. And Courtney still doesn't know.

Once I finished my shower I got dressed and walks downstairs. "Your up early" my aunt says. "Sadly" I reply making myself breakfast. "Well when your done eating, you can help me get everything ready" my aunt says, "People will start showing up in a few hours." Its Christmas today and my aunt invited the Moons, my friends, and family over. After I finish breakfast, I spend the next hour helping my aunt get everything ready. I sit down on the couch once I finish and wait for everyone to arrive.

The Moon's arrived shortly after that and my family trickled in over the next hour. We ate dinner once everyone arrived and sat in the living room exchanging gifts. After that, my friends started to arrive. Zari, Ricky, and Destiny were the first to arrive. Zeke showed up shortly after them followed a few minutes later by Leo and Nick to my dismay. At one point after all my friends had arrived, I pulled Courtney to a corner and gave her my gift. It was a necklace with a blue letter v. "V for Valentine" Courtney says smiling, "Put it on me." I smiled and complied.

Courtney turned around and wrapped her arms around my neck. My hands gently gripped her waist. "Merry Christmas Val" Courtney says quietly. "Merry Christmas Court" I say quietly, "I love you." Courtney's eyes go wide in shock, but then she smiles. "I love you too" Courtney says. We both lean in and our lips are centimeters apart when there is a knock on the door. My aunt says, "Val, get the door." "Duty calls" I say walking over to the door. I open the door and my eyes go wide. "Dad" I exclaim and hug him. "Hey bud" my dad says. I pull away and say, "I thought you couldn't get Christmas off." "Things changed" my dad says and lift his left arm that is in a sling, "Its going to take a couple months to heal so they sent me home til it heals."

The rest of the day consisted everyone hanging out in the living room talking and playing games. Before I knew it, it was new years eve. I had spent basically all of my time with my dad since he came back. This time we are going over to the Moon's house. By the time we get there Zari, Destiny, Ricky, Zeke, Leo, and Nick are already there. The adults hung out in the dining room while me and friends hung out in the living. We ended up playing truth or dare. I always picked dare and it was always Nick and Leo that gave me a dare.

When it was five minutes til midnight, the adults joined us in the living room. We talked until it was a minute til midnight. Everyone started counting down from ten. Everyone yelled, "Ten...nine...eight...seven...six...five...four...three...two...one...happy new years!" I pulled Courtney into a kiss and she kissed me back. Once we pull away I whispered, "I love you Court." "I love you too Val" Courtney whispers. "Get it Courtney" Zari yells. Everyone starts to laugh and after a few seconds me and Courtney start laughing.

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.