Chapter 18

This story past ten thousand reads last week, enjoy this extra update.  Also please check out my new book She's My L.B.F. I would appreciate it.

Its been a couple months since I asked Courtney to be my girlfriend. We have been going strong, a few small fights here and there but nothing major. We go on a date or hide in one of our bedrooms every Friday night. Nick and Leo are still playing their game and everyone but me and Courtney believe their act. I have been keeping a close eye on them and I make sure that they never come over to my house. Ricky and Destiny are still dating. Me and my dad have grown closer, but we aren't quite back to how we use to be before I came out.

Tonight is Halloween and the school is throwing a Halloween party. We are all going to meet up at the front of the school since we decided to wait til Halloween to reveal our costumes. I finished getting ready and walked downstairs. "I'm leaving" I say and my dad looks up from his laptop. He studies me for a few minutes before laughing, "Nice costume. Have fun." "Will do" I say walking out the door and to my car. I drive to school and see that I am the first one to arrive. Five minutes later Courtney, Zari, and Destiny arrive. I look Courtney up and down, "Harley Quinn, nice."

"Let's see, angel" I say looking at Destiny and then turn to Zari, "And sexy cop." "And you didn't even dress up" Zari says. "Yes I did" I say. "No you didn't" Zari says. "I did" I say, "It's a pun costume." Courtney, Zari, and Destiny look at what I'm wearing. I am wearing a white t-shirt with an American flag on it and black jeans. There is a captain's pin pinned to my shirt. "I don't get it" Destiny says. "I'm Captain America" I say. Courtney says, "That's clever."

"I'm loving the costume Zari" Leo says walking up with Nick, Ricky, and Zeke. "Not happening Leo" Zari says. Leo says, "Worth a shot." Ricky is a zombie, Zeke is a nerd, Leo is a baseball player, and Nick is Joker. Courtney goes as Harley Quinn and Nick goes as the Jocker, this doesn't look like an accidental coincidence. "Would you look at that" Nick says, "What are the odds?" "Yeah..." I say, "What are the odds of that happening?" "No need to be jealous that Nick and Courtney by coincident picked a couples costume" Leo says. I roll my eyes and say, "Whatever." "Look at Valentine being lame" Nick says. "What, too cool for a costume" Leo asks. "I'm Captain America idiots" I say. Ricky burst out laughing, "That's genius man."

I hold my hand out to Courtney, "Shall we?" Courtney takes my hand, "We shall." We walk in followed shortly by everyone else. We all walk into the gym where the Halloween party is and look around. There are students dancing, enjoying refreshments, talking, and getting their picture taken. An upbeat song is playing. "Want to dance" I ask. "Yes" Courtney says and drags to me to the dance floor. Destiny drags Ricky onto the dance floor and shortly everyone else joins us.

We end up dancing to five songs and Courtney asks me to get her a drink. I go and get her a drink. Ricky and Zeke join me. As we are walking back, I see Nick a little too close to Courtney for my liking. I clench my jaw. "I'm not feeling well, I'm just going to go home" Zeke says and walks off. I look at Ricky and raise my eyebrow, he just shrugs. We walk over and I hand Courtney her drink, "You need to back off." "Chill man" Nick says, "We were just talking." "Is that what people are calling flirting these days" I ask. "Dude" Leo says, "They were just talking, what's your problem?"

Me, Nick, and Leo have a stare down. A slow song starts to play and Courtney grabs my hand, "Come on Val." I glare at them for a few more seconds and then let Courtney drag me to the dance floor. Courtney wraps her arms around my neck and I place my hands on her waist. We begin to sway to the music. "Thank you Val" Courtney says. "Anytime Court" I say. Courtney lays her head on my shoulder and we continue to dance until the song ends. Once the song ends, we join our friends.

"Courtney" Nick says, "I'm sorry-" "Its fine" Courtney says interrupting Nick. "You guys want to get your picture taken" Ricky asks, "Its empty." Everyone nods and we walk over to the photo booth. We first do a serious group picture, then a funny group picture. Nick, Leo, and Ricky went next. Next up were Courtney, Destiny, and Zari. Destiny dragged Ricky up for a couple picture. Then Courtney dragged me up for a couple picture. I walked down and Courtney was about to when Nick ran up. "Come on, we have to" Nick says, "Jocker, Harley Quinn." "Yeah come on Courtney" Leo says.

Nick pulls Courtney in close before she can give him an answer. As soon as the picture is taken, Courtney detaches herself from Nick and walks over to me. "What the hell" I ask as soon as Nick walks over. "It was just a picture" Nick says. "You need to back off" I say. Nick says, "You are so insecure man, its sad." "What's sad is that you can't get over the fact that Courtney chose me over you" I say. "Like I said" Nick says, "So insecure." Leo whispers something into Nick's ear. Nick takes a deep breath and says, "Your right, I'm sorry."

I just look at Nick and then turn to Courtney, "Need a ride?" "Yes" Courtney says. We say good bye and walk to my car. I drive to Courtney's house. "I had fun" Courtney says. "Me too" I reply. We make small talk until we get to Courtney's house. We have a short make out session before Courtney exits my car wans walks inside her house. I drive home. Once I reach my house, I lock the car and walk into my house. I see my dad typing on his laptop. "Hey" I say walking into the kitchen and getting some water.

"Val" my dad says, "We need to talk." I walk over and sit, "What is it?" "I got a call earlier this morning" my dad says. "Oh..." I say, "When do you leave?" "Two weeks" my dad says. "This sucks" I say. "It does bud" my dad says, "I'll call you as often as I can." "I know..." I say, "I'm going to miss you." "I'm going to miss you too" my dad says, "Your aunt will arrive a few days after a I leave to keep an eye on you." "I wish you didn't have to go" I say. "Me too Val, me too" my dad says, "But I promise this is my last one." "Ok" I say. "One more thing" my dad says, "You should tell Courtney the truth about yourself." "I will" I say, "Soon."

Thanks for reading.  If you haven't yet, I would appreciate it if you checked out my new book She's My L.B.F.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.