Chapter 11

I pull into Courtney's driveway. "We are here" I say. We get out and I walk Courtney to her door. She unlocks the door. Courtney grabs my arm, "I don't want to be alone." "Ok" I say and follow Courtney into her house. She locks the door, grabs my hand, and leads me to her bedroom. Once we enter her bedroom, she breaks down in tears. I catch her before she falls and carry her to her bed. I lay her down and then lay down besides her. I wrap my arms around her and gently rub her back. She wraps her arms around me and cries into my chest.

I wake up to someone poking my face, I blink my eyes open to see that I am spooning Courtney and three pairs of eyes on me. One looks to be an older version of Courtney so that must be Courtney's mom and two girls that look to be slightly older than Courtney, I'm guessing they are Courtney's sisters. "Who are you" I believe Courtney's mom asks. "I'm Valentine" I say. The one that I believe is Courtney's mom asks, "And why are you in bed with my daughter?" Yep, that's definitely Courtney's mom. Oh shit that's Courtney's mom.

"I um think its better if you hear that from uh Courtney herself" I say. "Wait" one of Courtney's sisters says, "You don't happen to be Valentine Reid by chance, do you?" "Uh...that's me" I reply. Courtney's sisters look at each other and smile. Sister two says, "So this is the Valentine Reid that Courtney can't shut up about." Sister one says, "Now I see why she can't stop talking about you." Sister two nods in agreement and asks, "What happened to your face?" "I uh got into a fight" I say, well its not a lie because I did get into a fight.

I feel Courtney turn so that she is facing me and I flash a smile. "Hey" Courtney says smiling, then her smile disappears when she sees her mom and sisters, "Mom...this...this doesn't look like what it is." "Then explain to me what this is then" Courtney's mom says. "Can we talk downstairs" Courtney asks. "Sure" Courtney's mom says, "And I assume your staying for breakfast Valentine." "If its ok with you" I reply. We walk downstairs and Courtney takes my hand dragging me to the seat besides her. Courtney's sisters take a seat while Courtney's mom begins to make breakfast.

Courtney looks like she is going to cry, so I gently squeeze her hand and whisper, "You can do this." Courtney says, "Last night I was almost rapped, but Valentine saved me." Courtney's sisters gasp and Courtney's mom stops cooking. Before anyone can speak, there is a knock on the door. Sister one answers it. Destiny and Zari walk in and immediately hug Courtney. "How are you feeling" Destiny asks. "Damn Valentine" Zari says, "Your face looks like shit." I mumble, "Thanks." "Zari" Destiny says, "Focus." I feel my phone vibrate and see that I got a text from my dad 'Get home now.'

"Um, I have to get going" I say, "My dad is worried." More like furious that I snuck out and made us miss the flight. I say goodbye to Courtney's family, Destiny, and Zari. As me and Courtney walk to the door we hear Zari attempt to whisper, "Did Valentine spend the night? Get it Courtney." My face goes red and I see that Courtney's face is red also. We walk out and Courtney closes the door. Courtney hugs me and I hug her back. "Thanks again Val" Courtney says. "It was nothing Court" I reply. We pull apart but are still holding each other. One of Courtney's hand traces my bruises. She then leans in and kisses my cheek. "Bye Val" Courtney says smiling. "Bye Court" I say smiling and walking to my car.

I smile the whole way home. Before I enter my house, I take a deep breath and then enter. My dad is sitting at the table on his computer. He looks up and sees me. He stands up and I prepare for what is to come. "Kind of you to finally come home" my dad says. "Whatever" I say rolling my eyes, "I'm not going to apologize." "You are on thin ice Valentine" my dad says, "Why did you get into a fight?" "Like you care" I say. We stare at each other for a few seconds before my dad breaks eye contact. "We leave Monday and you better not pull this stunt again or you will regret it" my dad says, "Now, get out of my sight." "Gladly" I reply.

Monday

It is now lunch time and all day everyone has been staring and whispering. Nick has been glaring at me all day. Leo has been avoiding me all day and always with Nick. Ricky, Zeke, me, Courtney, Zari, and Destiny have been hanging out all day. I told Courtney, Zari, and Destiny I would meet up with them after I dropped something off at my locker. Me, Ricky, and Zeke walk to my locker and see Nick and Leo talking right by my locker. When I am a few feet away, Leo nudges Nick. I plug in my combo and open my locker. I put the book I don't need in my locker and pull out the book I need. As I am pulling out the book I need, my locker door gets slammed into my hand.

"Bloody hell" I cry out in shock and pain. I drop the book and hold my hand. "What the hell Nick" Ricky says. "Shut up Ricky" Leo says, "He deserved it." "Valentine didn't do shit to Nick" Ricky says. "Are you really siding with him over your friends" Leo asks. Zeke says, "Guys, stop." "Well I see where your loyalties lie" Leo says. Nick walks up to me and pushes me, "What the hell man." Ignoring the pain in my hand, I push Nick back, "Me what the hell, you what the hell." "What's your problem Nick" Ricky asks.

Nick pushes me into a locker and gets in my face, "Why the hell did you take my girlfriend home?" "She's not your girlfriend" I say pushing Nick back, "She asked me to take her home because you were the last person she wanted to see." "You need to back off" Nick says shoving me. "And if I don't" I ask raising my eyebrow and shoving Nick back. "I'll make you" Nick says getting in my face. "This is your only warning" I say standing my ground, "Back off or I will kick your ass." Nick studies me for a minute before putting his hands in the air and back off. "Ok" Nick says turning around. Just as quickly Nick turns around and punches me in the face.

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think will happen next?  What do you want to happen next?  As always votes and comments are appreciated.