Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

            “How?” Peter asked.

            “Something happened, something magical happened while we were in that whirlpool,” I said.  “The second before that water hit us, there was that flash of light.  You must have transported us here.”

            “I wasn’t thinking of transporting anyone anywhere,” Peter said.  “I just wished we could be safe.”

            “Peter, Fonce said you were more powerful when you were with me!” I exclaimed.  “You must have had the power to transport us here when we were together. You wanted us to be safe, and you didn’t really care where we ended up.”

            “Then why London?” Peter asked.

            “I was thinking about London, for that brief second,” I said.  “Peter, it all makes sense!  You have an enormous amount of power, and you were able to do this.”

            “Well, this could actually be a good thing,” Peter said.

            “A good thing?” I asked.  “We’re alive, of course it’s a good thing!”

            “Yes, yes, but it’s a good thing we ended up here,” Peter said.  “Tink’s exhausted; she can’t produce any pixie dust.  There is a fairy here who could give us more dust.”

            “A fairy, in London?” I asked.  “Really?”

            “Have you ever been to Kensington Gardens?” Peter asked.

            “Of course, nearly everyone in all of England has,” I said.

            “Then you’ve walked right past Lilianna,” he said.  I raised an eyebrow, confused.  “Lilianna is the fairy.”

            “That really cleared things up for me, thank you,” I said sarcastically.  “Where is a fairy supposed to live?’

            “There is a lovely little fountain that looks like a flower in the middle of the park,” Peter said musingly.  “That’s where she lives.”

            “A flower fountain,” I said, my voice dripping with scepticism.  “In the middle of Kensington Garden.

            “Is it really that hard to believe?” Peter asked with a grin.  “Huge magical island in another universe raises not a single question, but one fairy living in Kensington Gardens in London receives scepticism galore?”

            “You have to admit,” I began, but then stopped.  Arguing was going to get us nowhere.  “Never mind.  But what good is more pixie dust if we don’t have any gold left to be infused with it?”

            “We’ll just have to get more gold,” Peter said with a shrug.

            “Oh, yes, we’ll just pop into a jewellery shop and take some gold, yes, I’m sure they’d be pleased with that,” I said sarcastically.  “We wouldn’t get arrested or anything.”

            “Well do you have a better idea, Miss Know-it-all?” Peter asked.

            I thought for a moment.  “I know exactly where to get the gold,” I said with a grin.

            “Again, enough with the cryptic remarks,” Peter said.

            “See, Miss Primrose has a remarkable amount of golden candlesticks,” I said, thinking back to the first night I’d been at finishing school.  “I doubt she’d miss one or two of them if we... borrowed them for a greater good.”