Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

            Fonce leaped out of the way and I turned around. 

            “Hook,” I whispered, but if he heard me, he didn’t respond.  He just shot another arrow at Fonce.  Again, Fonce deftly dodged the arrow, and he laughed.

            “I thought I killed you,” he said with a grin.  He looked over at me.  “Suppose I’ll have to do a better job this time, huh?”

            I bit my tongue as Hook leased another arrow.  “You threaten my children,” Hook said, “and I’ll kill you.”

            “That’s sweet isn’t it?” Fonce said.  He pulled a dagger out of his belt and threw it at Hook.         He blocked it with his hook with a clang, and the dagger flew back to Fonce.

            I knew we didn’t have a chance in broad daylight.  It was near noon, and the sun was right overhead.  I bit my lip, and thought about a slow darkness creeping over the sky.  Fonce, Hook and Peter were now engaged in battle, but I didn’t dare move when Michael was still holding a gun to John’s head.  I looked up, and night started to creep in.  The three men were still fighting vigorously, and I tried to bring the darkness a little bit faster.  The sun was shrouded, and Fonce turned to me.  “Stop it!” he yelled, changing into shadow form and flying over to me.

            “I can’t!” I screamed.  “I’m not doing it, I swear!  It’s an eclipse.”

            “An eclipse in Neverland?” Fonce asked, connecting with my shadow.  I screamed.  “It’s never happened before.”

            “I swear!” I yelled.  “God, I swear, it isn’t me, I’m not doing it.”

            The pain left my body as Fonce backed away.  “You’re lying,” he said, switching into human form once again.

            My hand twitched towards Hook’s jewelled golden dagger where it was belted at my hip, but I knew I couldn’t move.  “I’m not,” I said, and darkness continued to cover the sky and the miniature stars appeared. 

            “Liar!  Michael, pull the-”

            I summoned the gun and fired at Fonce, hitting him straight in the chest.  He looked down, surprised, and then looked back at me.  He arched his chest forwards and the bullet flew out of his chest and slid down the front of his shirt, leaving a trail of blood before it hit the ground with a sickening sort of sound.

            “Did you really expect that to work, Wendy Darling?” Fonce asked, a sneer on his face as the darkness completely covered the sky.

            “No,” I said.  “I was just trying to distract you.”  I closed my eyes and summoned the stars down to me.  I opened my eyes to see the golden rainfall around us.  I grinned and then looked to Peter and Hook.  “Let’s go!”

            I summoned the sword to myself and then threw it to Peter.  Hook and I ran to the lake and started swimming while Peter flew to the cave.  “Boys, prepare yourselves for war!”

            As we swam, I heard Fonce yell, “Shadows!  We attack!”

            I looked up and saw hundreds of shadows fly towards the cave.  “Peter!” I yelled.  He turned around and Hook looked up.

            “We’ve got to take them out with the arrows,” Hook said.

            I pulled my necklace off and tucked the chain in my pocket, giving the tube of pixie dust to Hook.  “Here, get over there and help them.”