Chapter Thirty Three

            Hook and I looked at each other for a moment, and then we both ran over to Peter.  “Peter, can you hear me?” I asked, moving his head into my lap.

            “You did it,” he said, his voice low and full of pain.  “You killed him, you’ve ended it.”

            Tears filled my eyes.  “Yes, yes, but you need to live Peter.  I need you.  You promised that you’d never say goodbye to me.”

            “No,” Peter said.  “You told me that you weren’t planning on saying goodbye anytime soon.”

            “And I’m not,” I said.  “Peter, you have to stay with me, please.”

            “I think this is the end, Wendy,” he said.  “But this... this is how I want to go, with you, in your arms.”

            “This is all a bit dramatic, isn’t it?” I asked. 

            “Don’t you think that the previous situation deserves some drama?” Peter asked, a ghost of a smile crossing his face.

            “And I’m just cod liver oil over here, aren’t I?” Hook said.

            “Hook!”

            “Just trying to add some humour to a dire situation,” he said, and Peter let out a low chuckle.

            “Peter, you have to save yourself, you did it to James, and I know you can do it to yourself,” I said.

            “You do it Wendy,” he said.  “I want you to do it, because you’ll fix me and make me whole and then we can be together, and I can be everything that you need me to be.”

            I place a hand on his stomach, over the blood and summoned the spell.  The skin healed itself beneath my hand, and I smiled down at him.  “You already were everything that I needed you to be,” I whispered, and I bent over and kissed him.

            He kissed me back, and then I pulled away.  He sat up, faced me and kissed me again, more passionately this time.  His hands were wound up in my hair, and mine were looped around his neck as the kiss deepened.

            “Ahem,” Hook coughed, and we broke apart.  I looked at him and then threw myself onto him.  He ran a hand through my hair, and pressed his lips on the top of my head.  “It’s alright now, lass, it’s fine.”         

            “I didn’t realize,” I said.  “I didn’t realize how much I loved you until you left, until you died.”

            “We’re alright now love,” Hook said, squeezing me tightly.  “We’re fine, and everything is going to be alright now.”

            “John, Michael,” I said, looking up at him, and we looked around the cave where the shadows were still pinned to the wall.  “Michael?  John.”

            Two of the shadows pulled against the fire bonds.  Peter waved his hands, the fire dimmed until it disappeared.  “You are all free,” he said.  “Return to yourselves.”   

            “I’m afraid that’s impossible to do here,” Raina said, flying into the cave.

            “Raina!” I exclaimed.

            “Who’s this?” Hook asked.

            “This is Raina,” I said.