Prologue

"WHERE'S MY WIFE! PLEASE LET ME SEE HER!" Lauren screamed, pushing through a wall of nurses and her friends. "Lauren please stop, please..." Dinah begged, tears coming down her face, as her best friend was breaking down. "NO DINAH PLEASE, THIS CAN'T HAPPEN, PLEASE!" Dinah finally got her to stop trying to run into the room where the surgery for Lucy was happening.

 Accepting defeat, Lauren fell to the ground sobbing as Dinah held her, with Normani and Camila waiting for the doctor for the news. Today was the day, Lucy and Lauren's daughter, Honey was born, but what they didn't know was how this would change things indefinitely. Something went wrong, Honey wasn't suppose to be born until two more weeks. 

This was the hardest part, the doctor came out, the sight of stained blood clearly on his medical attire. When him and Lauren met eyes, the worst feeling came from her chest. Never in a million years would she ever thought she'd lose Lucy, especially not like this. The doctor went to Camila and Normani, but Lauren couldn't hear anything. She didn't want to hear what she already knew. Hearing his words, would only make it official. Her wife, her Lucy was gone. 

Numbness over came Lauren's body, she could barely feel Dinah's arms around her anymore. That was until Dinah mentioned Honey, the only word that woke Lauren up. "Where's my baby..." Lauren looks up at Dinah, then to Normani and a sobbing Camila. "Lo.." Norman started, and panic ran through her veins. "Normani please! Please tell me she's not..." 

Normani shushed her quickly, cupping her face. "No Lo baby, she's alive and healthy, you have a healthy babygirl..." With the words "Alive" and "Healthy" alone the wretched hole in Lauren's heart wasn't felt. "Can I see her?" Her voice small and frail, Camila grabbed her hand, pulling her from Dinah's hold and they walked to the nursery together. 

Tears in her eyes, without a doubt, the baby wrapped in pink, three incubators to the right, was Lauren's baby, her Honey. If the eyebrows didn't give it away, or the dark hair on her head, then maybe it wouldn't be so easy to spot her baby. "I've never loved someone so quick in my life..." Lauren muttered, realizing that now she has someone to live for, to love for, to be strong for. 

That day everything in Lauren's life changed. Everything.