The Purdy Princess: Chapter 30- That Baby's a Purdy

I looked at Cayden one last time and got on the bus. I waved goodbye from my seat, but he just ignored me as the bus went off.

 "I know it'll be different" I thought looking at Audrey "real different." I put my headphones on and fell asleep listening to 'Ritual'. Around nine in the morning we finally reached our destination and I was home! I got off the bus with Audrey and sat on the bench and dialed for a taxi.

 The drive wasn't that far from my grandparents' actually. If I wanted I could of walked, but I just figured it would be safer since I'm carrying a baby in a bassinet.

 "Alright Miss, we're here. That'll be $17.52" the driver said. I'm glad I didn't forget my wallet and paid the driver with a $20 and told him to keep the change. I got out of the cab and stared at the house infront of me. 218 Harmour St. this was the place.

 I opened the small white picket fence and walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. I was greeted by a young looking college guy. Funny I don't remember him living here.

 "Hi, I'm Au-"

 "We don't give no money to strangers" he said almost closing the door in my face. I caught the door with my foot and looked him in the eyes.

 "Wait! I'm not asking for money. Uhm is Mr. and Mrs. Steelworth home?" I asked

 "Yeahh, hold on. Susan! Someone's asking for you!" he yelled. My grandmother walked down the steps in one of her pink track suits still looking bitchy and snobby. Only this time she had major plastic surgery done to her face.

 "Hi, I'm Susan Steelworth. Can I help you?" she asked smiling

 "Susan- I mean grandma, it's me. Autumn" I smiled. Her smile instantly dropped and her face was priceless!

 "George! Come down here please! Come in, come in" she said shutting the door.

 "Yeah! What?!" I heard my pap yell coming down the steps

 "Look who's here." He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw me standing there

 "What's she doing here?" he asked

 "I-I need to stay here for a day or two. Things aren't working with my dad and touring"

 I wonder if he knows yet?

 Ashley's POV

 I woke up in a rather good mood this morning. I'm on tour, I have my health, my daughter and my granddaughter. Yep, life's good!

 "Hey Ash!" Jake called from the front of the bus. I walked out from my bunk and saw the guys huddled around something. Including Cayden.

 "Ash, you need to read this" Jinxx handed me a note. I took it from him reading it over several times and then I balled it up and threw it across the room.

 "Cayden! Why didn't you stop her!?" I screamed

 "Ashley, she needs to find out on her own!" he said. That's it! We're going to get her!

 Autumn's POV

 "Autumn? Whose baby is this?" my gram asked

 "M-mine" I said. They looked at me like it was a crime.

 "Well things like this happen. What's her name?"

 "A-Audrey Carmen Purdy"

 "Her last name is Purdy? Why not use the father's or Steelworth?" I snickered at that. Please my baby girl is a Purdy! "What?"

 "I haven't used Steelworth as my last name in six years when I was given back to my dad." She stared at me like I was speaking in pig Latin.

 "How's your dad?" my pap asked

 "He's good, still misses my mom, but not as bad"

 "Is he uh..still in that band?" my gram asked

 "Actually, he's in a great band and they made it big! So big and they tour across the world!"

 "Oh..that's..nice" she faked a smile at me

 "Uhm, can I-I go upstairs to my old room?"

 "Actually, that's Alexandra's room now. You remember your Aunt Alexandra right? You two were like best friends." Actually we were not even close to best friends! When I was ten I used to leave "love letters" from the boy across the street and tell her they were for her. Dumbass!

 "Where can I sleep?"

 "Here, follow me." She walked me over to the basement door and opened it. I'm sleeping down there? 

 "The basement?" I looked at her

 "Its heated and we turned it into another living room" she said smiling

 "O..kay?" I walked down the steps flipping the light switch on and didn't see any living room down here. Just the washing machine and a old couch. So where's this heat she told me about? I touched the last step and spotted the couch and sat on causing dust to fly around me.

 "Well Audrey, here's our new start."

 Ashley's POV

 I can't belive Autumn took Audrey and got on that damn bus! I told her "No!" several times and she still didn't listen to me! Ooh when she gets back she's more than grounded!

 "Are we getting close?" asked Cayden looking out the window

 "I don't know. I hope so" I replied. Just hope they didn't hurt her or Audrey.