Arc 1.3: A Shitty School Romance

Watching Noah leave, Kai turned and quietly returned to his seat. Pulling the plate with the strawberry cream cake in front of him, he started eating. Eating the first piece of cake, Kai couldn't help but moan. The softness of the bread, sweetness of the cream and the sourness of the strawberry was divine making all the flavors explode on Kai's taste buds. Finishing the cake, Kai looked at the rest and when he was about to eat them he felt a predatorial gaze locked on them.

Turning to look at the source of the gaze, Kai spotted Lan floating in front of him. If Lan had a body she would have been drooling once again.

Kai, surprised at Lan's sudden appearance vigilantly looked around him, finding no one looking at Lan, he sighed in relief. "Um Lan, are you visible only to me?" He asked, looking directly at the starving blue ball.

[Yes host] Lan said, absentmindedly.

"Are you hungry?" Kai said, raising an eyebrow at Lan.

[Yes ho- I mean, no host, I'm fine] Lan said, snapping out of it.

Chuckling at Lan's slip, Kai saw that no one was looking at him and pushed two plates of cake towards her. "Here, take this to the Spirit Space and eat" he said smiling. Beaming, Lan thanked her host and disappeared with the cakes.

Lan returned the plates before Kai was finished with the last remaining slice of cake. Eating the last piece, Kai wiped his mouth with a napkin and got up. He placed the plates on the designated area and walked out.

Kai went on with the rest of his day, everything was going fine until he bumped into Eric between classes. Widening his eyes, Kai blinked repeatedly.

[Oops] Kai heard Lan's voice. Inwardly cursing Lan's creators for making her so forgetful, Kai walked closer to Eric while waving slightly.

"Hi, Eric." Kai said, lightly smiling.

"Hi" Eric said, smiling at Kai. Zhao Papa had notified him that Kai was going to attend the school with him and that he may share classes with him, so he wasn't as shocked as Kai was when he saw him, but he still couldn't get over how Kai could look beautiful even though he was a man. Kai's perfect unblemished skin, his facial features and his lithe and slim body made him beautiful while also giving off an aura of masculinity which also made Eric become attracted to him. Romantically? Eric didn't know and didn't think so. Eric had never known what romance or Love was like, but the feeling Kai gave him was more of an urge to protect him and be with him to keep him safe and happy.

"What class are you going to?" Kai asked, tilting his head to the side. So cute! Eric thought, tearing his gaze away form Kai.

"I have biology next, what about you?" Eric said.

"Me too! Why don't we walk to class together?" Kai said, smiling brightly. Finally, I can talk with Eric and befriend him, Kai thought. Agreeing to Kai's idea, Eric followed Kai to their next class. Entering the classroom, Eric saw some of his friends who were waving him over.

"Those are my friends, you can sit with us if you want?" Eric said, inviting Kai to sit with them. "No, it's ok. I'll go sit in the back, thank you for the offer though" Kai said, declining politely and choosing to sit at the back near the windows. "Ok, see you after class then?" Eric said, flinching at how it ended up sounding like a question.

"Sure" Kai said, smiling. Separating, Eric went to his friends while Kai sat down by the window like before.

The class was five minutes underway when the door near the professor was pushed open and someone stepped inside. Being frightened by the sudden opening of the door, the poor professor gawked at the student that walked in and resumed the lecture after recognizing the person.