Arc 1.9: A Shitty School Romance

"We need to talk" Eric said as he pulled a shocked Kai upstairs.

Entering Eric's bedroom, Kai stood in the middle of the room, his eyes wandering and looking at everything but Eric. When he heard the door close he flinched and lowered his blushing face. He suddenly found the floor really appealing.

"Kai, look at me" Eric said, making his hands into fists feeling his nails digging into his palms as he watched the beautiful blushing boy. A few minutes passed, and Kai still looked at the floor, he felt embarrassed and confused. Why did Eric kiss him? Did he like him? No, he couldn't like him, right?

"Look at me" Eric screamed. All the sadness, insecurity, jealousy and nervousness seething to the surface. He didn't know when he had fallen for this beautiful, gentle and outgoing boy, but when he saw him with Nikolai he knew he loved him and couldn't let him go.

Flinching at the sudden scream from Eric, Kai swallowed the squeak that was about to come free and nervously raised his head. Looking at the teary eyed man that was standing a meter away from him Kai stared wide eyed at his emotion filled eyes.

Eric couldn't keep his emotions in check as he locked gazes with Kai.

"Do you hate me?" he asked as his eyes were filled with nervousness, insecurity and love.

"No" Kai said dazed, as he looked at Eric's forest green eyes.

"Do you love me?" Eric asked.

Snapping out of his daze, Kai looked away as a blush covered his face. "I-I.." he said, stuttering.

"I love you" Eric said, cutting whatever Kai was about to say. "I don't know how but I do. I just want you to know I love you and I always will. I know you are together with Nikolai and I don't care. Can't you just give me a chance?" he asked, with a pleading glance at the wide eyed and frozen Kai.

"I-I... I don't know" Kai said, as he looked down, "can you give me time to think about it?" he asked.

Eric sighed. Good, at least he didn't reject me, Eric thought as he nodded and watched Kai walk past him and out the door.

Kai ran all the way to his bedroom and threw himself on the bed as soon as he closed the door. He felt conflicted. He had never been in love in his past life, so being in love now made him confused.

He knew he was in love with Nikolai because every time he was with him he felt safe and his heart always beats faster but did he love Eric? He liked Eric. That he knew. He felt comfortable when he was around, and his heart would flutter when they would be alone with him and Eric smiled at him. Did that mean he was in love? But then what about Nikolai?

Feeling even more conflicted Kai got up from his bed and went to take a shower. He shoved his love problems to the back of his mind, right now he had to attend to business.

Putting on a black suit over a white dress shirt with the top button open, Kai grabbed his wallet and car keys and left for the company.

Alice, his personal assistant was already waiting for him when he arrived at the company.

"Sir, the meeting is in fifteen minutes. The executives just arrived and are being led to the meeting room. Here are the papers with the information you requested, HR has been notified to not let anything leak and the police is on the way" she said as she gave Kai a manila folder with a stack of papers inside of it.

"Thank you, Alice. After this I'll double your paycheck." Kai said as he took the folder from Alice and entered the elevator with Alice in tow.

This past months he and Alice had gotten enough evidence about several cases of embezzlement and fraud from both the executives and employees. After they gathered the evidence Kai made Alice send word to the executives about a meeting, planning to sweep the company clean in one fell swoop.

The whole meeting went well for Kai, but it was the end of the world to the executives and employees that embezzled money from the company. They where relieved from their positions and sent to jail all in one day. It was so fast that some of them couldn't even react before they were placed behind bars.

Kai was siting behind his desk in his office and was going through a contract when his phone went off.

"Hello?" he said, as he answered the phone without looking at the contact name.

"Where are you?" a deep and husky voice said from the other side making Kai freeze.

"I'm in the company" Kai said trying to seem cheerful as he remembered what happened with Eric a while ago after he heard Nikolai's voice.

"Are you ok?" Nikolai's voice said after a long pause. He could hear Kai trying to act cheerful through the phone and he felt concerned. Had something happened when he wasn't by his side?

"Yeah, I just have a lot on my mind. Are you coming to classes tomorrow?" Kai said, changing the topic, finishing looking at the paper in his hands and putting it with the others in the folder as he got up. Grabbing his car keys, he went down to the parking lot.

"Yeah. Want me to come pick you up tomorrow?" Nikolai asked, letting Kai change the topic.

"No, it's ok. I have to do something tomorrow morning before classes and I'll probably be late, so I'll see you at school" Kai said, getting inside his car.

"Ok" Nikolai said, as he inwardly sighed. Seems like he has things in his mind that he's bothered about and doesn't want to tell me, he thought.

"I have to go. See you tomorrow" Kai said, hanging up the phone.

A/N:

Author here. This time, it was totally an accident, cause someone (glares at little brother) erased my whole story I had written on Word, what you just read I had, for the grace of god, saved here. So now I have to start all over again.

Sigh, guys is it me or is my story just going nowhere? I mean, a lot of you guys just don't want it to be a Harem. Not like I mind, I mean, we all have our preferences.

But, I'll write a story about only one couple anyway and about this story, I'll may change it to a couple only? I don't know. Ya'll guys tell me what you think:

Keep it harem.

Change it to one couple.

Anyway, love ya guys.

Peace out~

-Author