Arc 1.6: A Shitty School Romance

After dinner ended the family moved to the living room where they continued their talk. Kai had a great time. He learned that of the Ivanov siblings, Nikolai was the cold brother and heir of the family who always helped his father in the family business, while Ian was the prankster, always pulling pranks on everyone, and Damyan was the intellectual one as he aspired to go to medical school. Liming had a warm and outgoing personality and Aleksei was a cold man to everyone but his family.

Looking at the time, Kai's eyes widened. It was past midnight and he was sure Zhao Papa was still up waiting for him, most probably in tears, with Zhao Mama by his side. Telling the family that he had to go home, Kai asked Nikolai for a ride. His car was still parked by the nightclub where he left it and Nikolai had promised to have it delivered tomorrow morning.

Kai promised to come back soon for a visit as he left. Liming even asked him to bring his parents over.

The ride to the Zhao residence was peaceful. Nikolai wouldn't let Kai's hand go and continued holding it as he drove the car until the last minute when he parked in front of the front door of the Zhao Family home.

Letting go of Nikolai's hand, Kai was about to get out of the car when he was pulled backward. Turning to look at Nikolai, Kai smiled and rolled his eyes as he leaned in for a good night kiss. He thought it was going to be a small peck on the lips but what he got instead was a heated French kiss. Moaning into the kiss, Kai opened his mouth so Nikolai could have better access as his hand pulled on his silky black locks of hair. After what felt like hours of kissing, Kai ended the kiss and stepped out of the car. Just as he was about to close the door, Kai smiled mischievously as he leaned in and pecked Nikolai on the lips, licking him as he slipped out of the car just as Nikolai was about to pull him in to start kissing him again.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow" Nikolai said pouting at his baby's mischievous actions.

"Ok, see you tomorrow" Kai nodded as he laughed at the pout on his lover's face. Giving him an air kiss, Kai ran inside his home, leaving a smiling Nikolai behind.

Walking inside the door, Kai was about to walk up the stairs when he was ambushed by his parents.

"Son! You're back! Are you ok? Where were you? Papa was so worried." Zhao Papa said with tears in his eyes as he looked Kai over for any hint of injury and sighed in relief when he found none.

"Who was that?" Zhao Mama asked, getting to the most important question, eyebrows raised and giving Kai a look that said, is that my new son in law?

Kai blushed and smiled as he nodded at Zhao Mama's unspoken question. Squealing at Kai, Zhao Mama hugged him and laughed.

"Oh my gosh! Who is he? When did you start dating? I have, no, we have to meet him. Bring him over for dinner!" Zhao Mama said, grabbing Kai's hands and looking him in the eye.

Nodding at Zhao Mama, Kai promised to bring Nikolai over for dinner and excused himself to his room, leaving a dumbfounded Zhao Papa and an exited Zhao Mama behind. Throwing himself in his bed, Kai smiled. What had happened in Nikolai's bedroom replayed in his mind, and Kai felt himself flush. Feeling embarrassed, he started rolling around in his bed and squealing into his pillow.

Suddenly remembering something important, Kai stopped his actions and sat up. "Lan" he called.

[Yes host] Lan said as she appeared by Kai's side.

"What happened to the female lead?" Kai asked.

[Nothing happened. After you left, the security men took the pervert that was supposed to molest her to "deal with" him per Nikolai's orders, then she continued her night by drinking and dancing but left the club after about an hour and went straight home.] Lan said.