Arc 1.10: A Shitty School Romance

Sighing, Kai bit his lower lip as he thought how he was going to tell Nikolai that Eric confessed his feelings for him and he felt confused about it because he might like him back while being in love with Nikolai without hurting anyone of them. Kai didn't know how he drove home while being zoned out but he snapped out of his daze after sitting in his car for fifteen minutes.

Getting out, Kai sneakily walked inside the residence and in his room. Closing the door behind him Kai let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

The next few days Kai tried to evade both Nikolai and Eric making both frustrated and the rest confused and concerned at Kai's change of attitude towards them. It got so bad that while Nikolai was having dinner at the Zhao residence that weekend both Zhao parents looked concerned at Kai, wondering if their relationship would end soon.

That next week the harem got together by coincidence. Noah and Jacques had seen Kai's mood change for the past week and it made them concerned that something was wrong so they both went to talk with Nikolai who Eric had ambushed a few seconds ago outside an empty classroom.

"Nikolai, I need to talk to you" all three said at the same time. Looking at each other with their eyebrows raised they turned to the silent Nikolai.

Nikolai had been frustrated and depressed for days so when he was cornered by three guys he knew really well because of Kai he didn't say anything and entered the classroom with them on his heels.

After the door was closed Nikolai sat down in the chair behind the desk and propped his chin in the palm of his hand, waiting for them to talk.

The trio had come so far to talk to Nikolai but now that he was in front of them they felt their brains short circuit as they silently looked at Nikolai who was letting out a really heavy and dark aura.

Glancing at the silent trio, Nikolai scowled and was about to get up when a voice made him freeze.

"It was me. I made Kai avoid us" Eric rushed to say when he saw Nikolai getting up. Snapping his head at the direction of the voice, Nikolai's glare settled into the handsome raven haired man. Shuddering at the intensity of the glare he was receiving from Nikolai Eric steeled his heart and resumed talking. "I told him I loved him and to give me a chance to-" he said only to be grabbed by the neck with an iron like hand and two shocked gazes settling on him.

Nikolai raised Eric by the neck with one hand making it seem like he was lifting a bag of potatoes. 

"He's mine" Nikolai growled with his phoenix eyes narrowed to a slit as he put more pressure in his grip and making Eric glare at him while chocking.

Jacques and Noah who had been frozen by Eric's revelation snapped out of their frozen stupor and rushed to help Eric get out of Nikolai's death like grip. They had to pry open Nikolai's hand and pull him back while Eric fell to the floor and gasped for air, his glare never leaving Nikolai's face.

"I know you love him, because I have seen you taking care of pests that looked at Kai but do you think I care about your yandere tendencies? I love him! I told him I didn't care that he was with you and to give me a chance, so he started avoiding all of us, I don't want him to suffer because of me so I decided to come clean with you. I know you want him all to yourself and won't let him go, but can't we both be happy with him?" Eric said as he stood up glaring at Nikolai who stood still and listened to him.

Letting go of the now calm Nikolai, Jacques and Noah looked at Eric both feeling overwhelmed at what was going on. Noah bit his lower lip and struggled with his mind when a voice interrupted everyone. "I love him too" Jacques said staring straight at Nikolai who let out a bloodthirsty aura again.