Chapter 6

Emma groggily woke to Carmen hastily removing her from her crib.

"shh shh lets stay quiet Emma come with momma," Carmen said quickly. Emma looked over to see Elizabeth tending to Lucy who was crying softly. Emma was too sleepy to fight Carmen who led her out of the room quickly and quietly and settled with her on the couch in the living room. "Liz is going to try and help your sissy get some sleep, but you can see she's fighting it," Carmen said as she loosened the pacifier gag in Emma's mouth letting it fall to her neck.

"Is she going to be ok?" Emma asked concerned.

"She's going to be fine," Carmen said sadly. "Poor thing. Sometimes she just can't get to sleep without help and she's always fussy about it. It's not her fault though." Emma looked back toward the nursery full of concern for Lucy. She could still faintly hear the girl crying from inside as Elizabeth tried her best to soothe her.

"We're still dry hmm?" Carmen asked pressing against the diaper Emma was wearing. Emma was immediately brought out of her concern.

"Hey!" Emma protested.

"Don't snap at me little missy. Momma has to check her baby's diaper."

"Ugh, believe me I'll let you know if I use it," Emma spat back.

"When you use it," Carmen corrected. "And asking for a change will only get you more time in a used diaper. You let us take care of when you get changed."

"Humph," Emma pouted. Her resistance had returned from the previous night, despite her bottom still slightly stinging. Though she could admit that at this point they served a practical purpose as she couldn't use the bathroom herself very well. And the gross factor had already passed as she woke up here in a wet diaper and stayed in it for most of her first day. Still, using it willingly would be difficult, she would have to get past a lot of mental barricades.

"Don't hold it either, it's bad for you," Carmen said knowingly.

"Well it's not so easy letting go you know!" Emma snapped back, "It feels weird."

"Just try your best sweetheart."

"And you know I'd be perfectly capable of going by myself if you let me out of this thing," Emma said wiggling in her straight jacket.

"Even then the bathroom is off limits, I think you know better than that."

"Ugh this is so stupid."

"I can see little miss attitude is back, do you need another adjustment?" Carmen asked threateningly.

"Can we not," Emma answered quietly.

"I'd rather we not either, but I'm not going to hesitate if you keep that attitude up. Now come on Liz taught me your arms exercises let's get your arms out of that and stretch em out for a bit." Carmen led Emma to the play pen in the living room. She shut the gate with the two of them inside. The corner of the playpen met with the corner of the wall, and in that corner was a small hook with a lead that Carmen attached to Emma's collar. Emma sighed willing to put up with the restraint if it meant she could stretch her sore arms out. She complied with Emma the whole time and felt marginally better once her muscles were stretched.