Chapter 16

Emma and Becca were sitting together on a bench. The most immediate sound was the sounds of Lucy and Mark's playing, though the sound of the caregivers talking at the picnic tables could also be heard, but despite that Emma was able to ignore these distractions to focus on Becca.

"So what were you before they took you?" Becca asked abruptly. Emma grew embarrassed.

"Well uh my last job was at a strip club,"

"Oh really?" Becca said with surprise. "I wouldn't have you pegged for that line of work."

"I was a waitress," Emma replied giggling. "I think our outfits were just as revealing though."

"Hmm. Doesn't sound very fun."

"It wasn't, but I didn't have much else to do," Emma said a little sadly remembering that low point.

"I was a librarian," Becca said moving the moment along. "Which is a bit of a cliché'"

"It is?"

"Well yeah, the mild mannered librarian with a freaky side."

"Oh," Emma said blushing.

"Though I never actually considered it before I was taken, to be fair to me," Becca clarified. "Since though, I think I can see some of the good parts."

"So you and him," Emma began to ask flustered. "I mean you two have?"

"We have, and he asked me very politely for the record."

"Well at least they have some standards. Good to know they stop right after kidnapping."

"That's funny," Becca giggled. "But you know, really it was kind of inevitable. You're here for a long time those kind of urges will come up," Emma and Becca were both blushing at this point.

"Would Mom – I mean Carmen and Liz ... would they."

"If you asked I'm sure. They know you're not really a baby, and things like that have to be taken care of." Becca paused for a second before continuing. "Say did you happen to go to college?" Emma jumped a little at the question.

"H-how did you know?" Emma said shocked.

"When you're quiet most of the time you hear things," Becca said noncommittally. "Did that not work out.?"

"I'd rather not talk about it," Emma said sadly. "It was a bad idea."

"Sorry I was just curious. I think that's a little unusual around here, for us anyway. Especially for you littles."