Chapter 10

Emma woke with a groan in her crib, in what become a routine morning. The restraints on her hands and feet had been loosened greatly from when she first arrived, so she was able to do most everything except sit up in her crib, and she was even allowed to sleep with her mittens off to help keep her fingers from cramping up. Emma scratched the front of her pink onesie decorated with white hearts, and suckled lazily on the pink pacifier which was thankfully not attached to her with a gag. She was able to take it out if she wanted but she found that she usually didn't. Emma knew that there wasn't anything to do until she was released, but she enjoyed the little time she had to herself.

"Wakey wakey sissy," Lucy said from her crib happily in a similar onesie only hers was purple. Carmen and Elizabeth had a fondness for dressing the two in similar outfits. Emma groaned at how energetic Lucy was in the mornings. "Don't be a grumpy pants sissy."

"You a gwumpy pants," Emma spat back through her pacifier, causing a giggle from Lucy. Emma giggled back as well. As much as she generally disliked her situation she couldn't deny that she enjoyed being around and even playing with Lucy, and could even admit that her captors weren't all that bad themselves aside from the kidnapping thing. Of course the activity in the room meant that they would be there eventually.

"Morning sunshines," Carmen sang, entering the nursery right on cue.

"Moommy!" Lucy shouted reaching up from her crib.

"Hey there sweetie," Carmen said happily unlocking and opening Lucy's crib. "And I'm guessing sissy is a grumpy gus as usual?" This caused a giggle from Lucy and an annoyed whimper from Emma. "I know hun mornings can be tough," Carmen said sympathetically releasing Emma from her restraints. Emma knowingly slipped her hands through the bars of the crib so Carmen could fasten her into her mittens. "Very good girl Emma," Carmen praised as she locked the mittens over Emma's hands.

"Thanks," Emma said sarcastically. Carmen just smiled and opened the crib.

"Maybe you'll feel better after brekky." Carmen offered her hand to Emma. Emma took it perplexed, this was usually the time she was placed into her harness. But Carmen just smiled and held her hand. Emma smiled back, this was a sign that trust was building and they were giving her more freedom. This was enough to have Emma giddy as she was escorted to her high chair for breakfast.

"Who wants some bacon?" Elizabeth sang as she approached from the kitchen a plate full of bacon, sausage, biscuits, eggs, and toast as well as a greasy looking apron.

"Nummy Momma!" Lucy said from her high chair next to Emma's.

"Yeah that looks good," Emma admitted. It might be because of her happiness at being allowed more freedom, or that her diet had been mostly milk and baby food lately, but she was eager to get the greasy food into her body. Elizabeth sat a fairly large portion in front of Emma with a sippy cup of chocolate milk.

"Now just because I give it to you doesn't mean you have to eat it all," Elizabeth warned as she removed Emma's mittens allowing her to eat with her hands. "I don't want any tummy aches." Emma ignored her and dug into the food.