Chapter 22

"Night girls," Elizabeth said as she gently began to shut the nursery door.

"Night mommy!" Emma and Lucy said in unison, safely locked inside of their cribs, Lucy in a purple, and Emma in a pink onesie. Elizabeth shut the door leaving the two alone. Emma glanced nervously at the baby monitor on the wall between the two cribs. She knew that Carmen and Elizabeth were listening to them, but how much they could actually hear she wasn't sure about. Normally this wouldn't be an issue for her, but Emma was expecting a guest, the mysterious girl from earlier today. No doubt there would be sensitive questions, and she was still too scared of Carmen and Elizabeth's potential involvement in whatever was going on here to feel comfortable with them potentially listening in.

"What's the matter?" Lucy said from her crib.

"I saw someone," Emma whispered. "While you were being fed, they're supposed to be here tonight."

"Someone's going to come in here with us!" Lucy started to panic.

"Shush," Emma said motioning to the baby monitor. "I think she wants to know about what I saw."

"I dunno about this. She's a stranger, breaking into our house in the night."

"I know it's not exactly the best scenario, but I want answers and this is the best way we're going to get them. Plus she didn't really give me an option." Lucy nodded.

"How is she planning on getting in here?"

"I don't know, all she did was hold up big signs at me from outside, I didn't get much out of her." As Emma was saying this the door to the nursery creaked open a bit. Both Emma and Lucy quietly gasped and moved to the back of their cribs as a pair of eyes peered in. Once they were confident the room was secure a figure quietly made their way in quietly closing the door behind them.

     The figure was feminine, dressed in an all block one piece suit, adorned with several pockets no doubt filled with all manner of gadgets. She was wearing a black hood that covered her face though once she was inside she quickly lowered it revealing the black hair and face of the girl Emma had seen earlier.

"Emma?" the figure asked. Emma gulped and nodded. "And Lucy." Lucy did something similar. "No need to be alarmed. My name is Samantha Morgan. I just want to talk to you about what you saw."

"Not so loud," Emma gestured to the baby monitor on the wall.

"Don't worry about that," Samantha said with a smirk. She opened one of the pockets in her suit to reveal a walkie talkie looking device. "This is broadcasting an interference signal, the only thing they are going to here out of that baby monitor is low static."

"How did you get in here?" Lucy said scared. "I know Mommy and Momma lock the doors."

"They do, but all of the external locks in the facility are electronic," Samantha opened another pocket and showed a plastic black device the size of a key. "I've set this to send the master unlock code. Any locks on the building I can get in. The ones on other things like your cribs for instance I can't get through though."