Chapter 5: Shopping

Peridot's POV: First Person

You know those 3+ teenage girls you see at the mall, those annoying ones that are loud and obnoxious and take up the whole sidewalk, singing songs or talking about stupid stuff?

That was us.

After we had all gotten our drinks (I had gotten a Caramel Frappe) we started walking around, looking for good stores. Amethyst and I had walked into a Hot Topic and walked out with two bags (all Amethyst).

"And - and-" Jasper couldn't get the rest of her joke out before wheezing. I started cracking up at her laugh. She sounded like a goose when she laughed, which would only make me laugh more. She had started telling us about a video she'd seen, but I couldn't concentrate with her bursting out laughing every other sentence.

In the middle of laughing, I noticed Lapis lagging behind us. I slowed my walking down so that I slowly disappeared from the other four and was walking side-by-side with the tall bluenette.

"Whatcha being anti-social for?" I asked her.

Lapis looked up, surprised that I was next to her. She shrugged.

I rolled my eyes. "Shrugging's not really an answer."

Lapis shrugged again.

I shrugged back.

She shrugged again.

We went on an ongoing shrug war until Jasper pulled me aside. "Peridot, did you see that dude checking you out in that Urban Outfitters?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows. "He was pretty hot."

Groaning, I hit Jasper in the arm. "Too bad I'm gay as fuck..." I mumbled loud enough for only Jasper to hear. She burst out laughing.

"He was hot, y'know," Lapis said behind me. I turned to shoot a look of Really, You Too?  to her. "What? You're already dating someone?" Lapis asked defensively.

Shaking my head, I responded with, "Nope. Single; and will probably be for a while."

Lapis frowned. "Aw, c'mon Peridot," The tall girl beside me pouted. "You're good looking. Any boy is blind if he overlooks that."

I could feel the heat rushing up to my face. "T-thanks Lapis."

Lapis smiled, her tan skin only allowing a small blotch of red to show.

I twiddled my thumbs. "Well, I mean, what about you?"

"Me?"

"Yeah."

Lapis looked in front of them. "I guess guys hit on me often, but I ignore it."

I nodded.

"So, you have any boyfriends lately Peridot?" Lapis asked, catching me off guard.

I almost gave out an ugly gay laugh, but instead just chuckled. "No, not since I was 12."

Lapis' eyes widened. "12?"

"Yeah, the age I was still convinced I was hetero," I joked.

Lapis POV; First Person

I looked down at Peridot, surprised. Looking at Peridot, I just assumed she was straight.

Well then maybe you have a chance with her...

What did I just say? No gaying, Lapis.

A part of me knew I was gay, but the other half denied it. It was an ongoing struggle in my head.

"Oh, I'm sorry for assuming-"

Peridot smiled. She looked really cute when she smiled.

"It's fine. Really, it happens all the time," Peridot explained, motioning at herself. I chuckled.

Looked down at Peridot, I noticed how short she was. "Sorry to change the subject, but you are really short."

Peridot froze, then frowned. My heart skipped a beat. I though I had made her mad, but she just shook her head. "I know," The blonde sighed. "I'm 5'2"

I started laughing. "Wow, you are SHORT!"

Peridot started walking at a faster pace, trying to get away from my teasing. I reached out to grab her arm, but my calculations went very wrong (non-surprisingly, I have a 64 in math). I ended up grabbing her hand.

Peridot turned around to see me burning red.

"Huh?" Peridot looked down at our hands, up to my blushing face, and back down at out hands again. She pulled back after a few awkward seconds of hand-holding. "W-what were you g-gonna ask?" Peridot seemed shaken.

"N-nothing. I just didn't want you to leave."

Peridot smiled, her blush deepening. "I wasn't going to. I was just joking with you."

Okay, wow, now I was really embarrassed. I could feel my face getting redder by the second. The only thing that could save me was-

"Oh my god guys, there's a PINK here."

Sorry if this story seems only half-hearted, I wrote it at like 1 AM to make me tired but I got tired too soon. Lots of love to the readers, I hope you enjoyed the chapter!