Chapter 13: Dinner

Whats up guys? So, since I was an absolute ass and waited forever to update, I'm trying to update as soon as possible for these next few chapters. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

Peridot POV: First Person

I came up with this shitty metaphor while walking back from playing volleyball, so just bear with me here, guys.

I would like to compare a crush with volleyball. How playing it safe would be to just bump it back and forth; but you'd get nothing out of that. It's definitely more fun, but risky, when you go to spike or tip it. And it just seems so much easier to bump it, just so you don't lose.

In this case, I would compare the bumping to friendship. And right now, I'd say that Lazuli and I have a friendship. But this'd be a boring game if that's all it was.

I need to start taking risks, and I constantly tell myself that. Flirt with her, Peridot. Ask her questions. Is she gay? You'll never know!  But every time I see her, my confidence dwindles away.

Even just watching her walk makes me internally panic at the thought of revealing any sort of feelings towards her. Lapis is waaaay out of my league - why would she like me, of all people, anyways?

I had thought, maybe even if it was only for a few moments, that maybe, just maybe, Lapis would be interested in me. But all of that vanished, just as soon as they appeared. I just couldn't help myself.

So maybe one day I'll learn to spike, or to tip, without having the mental complexion that she'd block it, and it'd soar right past me. But definitely not today.

Time skip to 6:20

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

"I got it, I got it," I groaned, walking towards the oven. Everybody had agreed on pizza for that night, since they had only just settled it.

I slid the pizza from the tray onto it's original cardboard box, then the one below it. I laid them out on the counter for people to pick from, along with a bag of fritos and bean dip.

"Thanks, P-dot," Amethyst said, grabbing three slices of pizza and a handful of fritos.

I placed two slices of pizza onto my plate, along with some fritos and a spoonful of bean dip. I slid into the remaining seat between Pearl and Lapis.

We all ate in an awkward silence for awhile. I couldn't think of an icebreaker, so I just sat in my own thoughts. I looked around the table; At Amethyst, who seemed highly uncomfortable at the lack of noise, Jasper, who was throwing fritos in the air and attempting to catch them with her mouth (hint, she missed alot), Garnet, who seemed to be spaced out, Pearl, who was picking at her pizza, taking the toppings off and eating them before actually eating the rest, and Lapis, who sat with her arms crossed, lost in her thoughts.

There were points where I opened my mouth to say something, but then decided against it. I once even raised my arms at my sides, sort of t-posing (T-POSE TO ASSERT DOMINANCE), before putting my arms back down awkwardly.

You know when you're in so much pain that you can't even talk, all you can do is make incoherent sounds and get angry when the other person(s) don't understand that you're trying? Yeah, that's what it felt like, but the pain was more internal.

I couldn't take it any longer.

"Never have I ever," I blurted. My face immediately turned red with embarrassment when I noticed that everyone had turned to look at me.

"What?" Jasper grunted.

"Let's play never have I ever," I repeated, rubbing the back of my neck. "Y'know, to get to know each other better? Plus, I can't stand this silence."