Chapter 23: Vines

There are ALOT of iconic vines in here. I don't own any of these vines, they all belong to various people.

Peridot's POV: First Person

Grabbing Amethyst by the collar of her shirt, I lightly pushed her against the counter of the kitchen. Smiling, she grabbed me, turned me around and shoved me against the fridge. She picked up a paper towel roll and threw it straight at my head, half of it unrolling. I caught it and threw it back at her, laughing.

"Can I get a waffle? "Jasper said loudly, holding in laughter. "Can I please get a waffle?"

All four of us burst into laughter that was louder than necessary, but overall real. Garnet held the camera in her hands, smiling at us. We all watched our first masterpiece.

You may be wondering what in the fresh hell we're doing. The long answer would be: vines. The short answer would be: trying to grab Lapis and Pearl's attentions. We were planning on entering the game room first to encourage Pearl to join us on our journey of remaking internet memes. Then, we'd visit Lapis separately, asking her as well to join our cult. Then they would have to make up.

Or so we hoped, at least.

Besides, why not have fun? Just because Pearl is overreacting and blaming Lapis for a crime she could go to jail for and Lapis attempted to karate kick the latter, doesn't mean that should ruin the whole trip.

We continued onto the next. I shuffled through the cabinets and threw Garnet a large wooden spoon, which she caught with ease. Amethyst popped a piece of gum into her mouth. Jasper handed me her phone, since we were trying to keep all of the videos on one device.

"Go," I instructed.

Garnet raised the spoon to her mouth like a microphone. "Who's the hottest Uber driver you've ever had?"

Amethyst smacked her gum against her teeth and responded with a high voice, "Um, I never went to Oovoo Javer."

Jasper roared behind me. She grabbed the phone from my hands and watched the clip over. You could hear the faint voices of Garnet and Amethyst, along with the start of Jasper's laughing fit.

Amethyst nudged me in the side. "Hey, um, do you think it's time to get Pearl?" she asked. I turned to her, thinking of our plan of action.

"Sure," I agreed. "But what vine?"

Amethyst placed her elbow on the kitchen counter and leaned on it, obviously thinking. After a few seconds, an idea seemed to pop up in her head.

"You have a ping-pong table in there, right?" Amethyst questioned, pointing her finger towards the closed double-doors. I nodded, to the shorter girl's delight.

"Can we do one more before we get bird mom?" Jasper said quietly. Garnet nodded in agreement.

Amethyst shrugged. "What're you guys thinking?"

Jasper pointed at me. "Peridot looks the most like a small boy," she observed, like the nice person she is. "She should do the 'Hurricane Katrina' one."

"Gee, thanks," I responded, rolling my eyes. It was true though; I did look like a 12 year old boy.

"You're welcome." Jasper crossed her arms, smiling.

We all headed towards the pantry. Jasper made sure that the chips were on the second highest ledge, where I could only barely reach. Taking her phone from Garnet, she signaled for me to go.

I jumped up and touched the bag so that it would fall down. Catching it into my arms, I hunched over slightly and looked at the camera with a large smile on my face.