Chapter 6: A Lonely Christmas

Peridot's POV: Third Person

Peridot was sitting on her bed, staring at her phone. The screen showed a text from Peridot's mother.

I'm sorry, but we can't make it back home. We have a big business meeting that we can't miss. Merry Christmas Peri :)

Peridot sat there, her face tear-stained. Her eyes were red and puffy, her nose runny, her throat hurting and her chest aching.

She didn't know why every year this happened, and every year she'd cry over it. She should be used to it now, but she could never get over the fact that money was much more important than spending at least two days with your own daughter.

Peridot kept reading the text over in her head. 22 words. No, "i love you," or "we miss you". Just a dry ass apology and a "Merry Christmas".

Peridot tightened her grip on her phone. Her mother could have called. She could have sent a paragraph. She could have at least gotten her father to text her too. But she didn't.

Peridot was filled with rage. Every damn year they do this. Every. Damn, Year.

Her hand started shaking. Her face was screwed in a livid expression. A sound came from the back of her throat - a growl? - with her teeth bared.

And you would've missed what happened next if you had blinked. In a matter of a second, Peridot brought all of her rage-fueled strength and hurled her phone towards the opposite wall from her.

WUMPTH. Peridot's head shot up. That was definitely not the sound she was expecting. Her head turned towards the wall she had thrown her phone at, and witnessed her phone lodged in the wall.

She groaned. She slid off of her bed to check her phone. Not only was her phone shattered, there was now a phone-shaped hole in the wall.

Peridot stood frozen in front of her phone. "Shit."

Peridot started storming around her room, muttering curse words. She started kicking and punching things around her. She ended up stubbing her foot on her desk, yelping in pain.

Peridot sat down on her bed again, holding her foot. She completely broke down, sobbing uncontrollably on her bed.

She could barely breathe. Her throat felt like it wanted to explode. Her chest felt as if someone had stabbed her and was slowly turning it inside her.

Peridot felt paralyzed. She wanted to get up, go outside, go eat, do something, but she just couldn't. What was the point?

Dark thoughts swirled in Peridot's head. What IS the point? Your parents don't love you, nobody loves you. You're always alone. No one would even CARE if you were gone. No one CARES.

Peridot's nails dug into her arm. She felt a liquid on her fingers, and saw the blood running from her arm where she had been squeezing too hard. Peridot was beyond caring about that at this point.

Peridot held her arm up. Her eyes caught the four cuts she had made on her wrist almost a year ago. Usually, she'd look down at them in disgust. But in times like these, she gazed in amazement how she had enough self-control to only do it once. Even though she wanted to do it again, really, really bad.

Peridot had cut herself just about a month after she turned 15. It was because of the fact that her mother had sent her a happy birthday text, a month and three days off of her actual birthday.

Peridot had ignored the fact that her parents forgot her birthday. But that? That was the final straw for her.

Peridot was lucky that Amethyst had gotten a taxi to Peridot's house after receiving the news of her mother's ignorance. Amethyst had slapped the razor blade out of her hand, quickly bandaged them, then sat down with her as she cried.

Amethyst was truly the reason she hadn't done anything else to herself over this past year. But she couldn't call Amethyst now. She was probably entertaining her family or something like that.

So Peridot just laid there. Soon enough she slid her headphones on and listened to music.

Another lonely Christmas, Peridot thought.

I know, this didn't have anything to do with Lapis, but its part of Peridot's story. If you guys don't like it... I dunno, that's your opinion. But I do hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, and I hope you guys have a great day!