Chapter 27: Date Night~Part Two

Lapis' POV: First Person

I continued to stare at the blonde intruder on my bed.

"Peri-Peridot?" I asked, squinting. "Why are you in my room?"

Peridot looked from side to side, then back to me. "I, er, came through the window."

My eyes shot towards my two windows, figuring I had forgotten to lock them earlier. An unfamiliar car lay in plain sight next to my house.

"Wait." I pointed towards Peridot. "You purposely trespassed in my room?"

Peridot shrugged, which transitioned into confused nodding.

"Peridot!" I whisper-shouted. "What if I was, like, naked or something?"

Her pale face turned a light pink, yet she only shrugged. "I don't know, Lapis." She pointed outside. "It was fu- I mean, it was literally forty degrees outside."

Peridot pulled on her shirt collar nervously.

My eyes took in her outfit. Of course she was cold, she was wearing jean shorts and a crop-top, along with a simple black jacket.

"Gee, I wonder why you're cold," I rolled my eyes, motioning towards her.

Peridot scratched her head and chuckled nervously. "Yeah, well, I wanted something light."

My eyes narrowed. "Why?"

"I wanted- Wait." Peridot's cheeks flushed. "That was about to sound really wrong."

Before I could protest, Peridot climbed off of my bed. She pointed towards my closet. "Can I?"

I slowly nodded. She started rummaging through my clothes before she threw me a pair of black nike shorts and my hoodie crop-top, which had the sleeves chopped off. She also threw me my blue two-piece swim suit.

"Peridot..." The swim suit bottom fell out of my grasp.

"If you could change into that, it'd be great," Peridot instructed.

I squatted down to grab my swim suit bottom. "So I'm guessing you're not here to seduce me?" I teased.

Peridot scoffed from behind me. "Just fu-" she sighed. "Just change, Lapis."

Straightening up, I quickly stretched my arms. "Are you trying not to cuss?" I asked, amused.

"Yeah," Peridot frowned. "Pearl said its not a polite to do on a date."

"That whole sentence arises a lot of questions."

"Just change," Peridot frowned.

"Okay, okay," I chuckled, walking back into the bathroom.

I quickly threw off what I was wearing and put on the outfit Peridot had chosen. Brushing through my hair with my hands, I shrugged and decided it looked fine.

Peridot had apparently spotted her varsity jacket that had been draped over a chair and was holding it in her hands. When I came out of the bathroom, she handed it to me.

"You're gonna want that," she told me. I nodded warily and slipped the jacket on. "Ready to go?"

My head snapped towards Peridot. "Go where?"

"It's a surprise," she answered.

"Peridot," I groaned, "My parents will wonder why I'm gone..."

"Don't worry," Peridot said, motioning her hand forward. "I'll get you home in time."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Peridot motioned towards the window that she had earlier used as an entrance. "Shall we?"

My mind just started to work for the first time since seventh grade. If I go tonight and my parents somehow figure out, how will their reaction be? One, I'm sneaking out at midnight. Two, Peridot happens to be a GIRL. Three... they'd assume. So, that's like a 0% chance they'd be okay with this.