Chapter 9: Conversations

Lapis POV: First Person

"What?"

"So, do you have a thing for Peridot or what?" Amethyst wiggled her eyebrows not-so subtly.

My face blushed. Was it that obvious? "W-why do you think I have a thing for her?"

Amethyst smirked. "Lapis, that conversation you had in the car?" Amethyst raised an eyebrow. She blew a strand of hair out of her face. "What would you call that?"

"I-I thought everybody else was asleep!" I said, dumbfounded that Amethyst had heard in on our conversation.

I flashed back to our conversation.

I felt heat creeping up to my face and down to my neck. "I know I probably sounded like an ignorant straight girl, but I promise I'm not. Well, I guess I was being pretty ignorant at that point, but I'm not usually like that. Unless it's like in math or science. But I'm kinda getting off point-"

I heard laughing from Peridot. I stopped talking.

"W-why are you laughing?" I asked, embarrassed.

Peridot turned and smirked at me. I just knew she could see how red my face was. "You were rambling on, so I thought I should probably stop you from, like, revealing your deepest secret or something."

I didn't think it was possible for me to blush more than I already was, but I did.

"S-sorry. I do that sometimes."

Peridot giggled. She made eye contact with me through the mirror. "Don't apologize. It was cute."

Peridot instantly looked forward. My eyes widened at the comment. A smile crept up on my face, but I hid it with my hoodie.

Lapis looked at Amethyst. She didn't remember Amethyst being awake, but again, she could have been faking it.

"Well, not me. Peridot woke me up with her squawking," Amethyst said, rolling her eyes.

I grumbled and blushed. Why can't I just go one day without embarrassing myself? I turned and face-planted into my pillow.

"How much did you hear?" I mumbled into my pillow.

Amethyst smacked the back of my head with her pillow. "Lapis, I can't hear you with that pillow in your face."

I groaned. I got up on my side and used my elbow for support.

"How much did you hear, Amy?" I repeated.

Amethyst thought. She smirked, saying, "Enough."

I smacked my head into my hand, blushing furiously. Amethyst chuckled and rolled over on my side.

"Come on, Lapis," Amethyst said, smiling warmly. "It's totally fine to like a girl. And, lucky you, Peridot shares that common interest. But wait," Amethyst smirked, "You already figured that out."

I immediately jumped up and started hitting Amethyst with my pillow. Amethyst put her hands up in defense of the barrage of hits.

"Woah, woah, chill..." Amethyst said, laughing through her sentence. She huffed and broke out laughing every time I hit her.

I stopped after a while and crossed my arms across my chest. I looked away from Amethyst. She rolled over to the edge and sat next to me.

"Aw, come on, Lapis, I didn't mean it," Amethyst said, pouting. "Anyways, Peridot is a catch. I don't blame ya."

I sighed, but my thoughts raced from Amethyst's comment.

My eyes widened. "Wait, were you two like a," I punched my fists together as to gesture... well, you know, "a thing?"

Amethyst froze. Her eyes traveled from my hands to my face. A smile burst from her frown and so did a roar of laughter.

"Me? Peridot?" Amethyst said between laughs.

I uncrossed my arms. "Yes! You and Peridot."

Amethyst laughed more. "Hell no. Peridot is def not my type. Buuuut," she sang, poking my forehead with her finger, "She's definitely yours."

I thought. If I were to date a girl, not saying I would, but if I were to, I don't know if I'd go for someone like Peridot. She seemed like an absolute nerd who probably took robotics and actually liked math class. She was probably one of those dorks who liked aliens and wore ties and wanted to be a scientist one day.

And just thinking about her was driving me insane.

It was hot the way she held herself. Her freckles were hot. Her eyes were hot. Ever her glasses were hot. The stupid ass nerd clothes she wore were hot, and the thought of Peridot wearing a tie...

I felt heat creeping up my cheeks and down my shoulders. I wouldn't have been surprised if smoke was to come out of my ears.

"Hey, earth to Lapis," Amethyst snapped her hand in Lapis' face. "You zoned out on me there."

My head snapped to the right to see Amethyst smirking at me.

"Holy shit, you're blushing hard. What the hell were you thinking about?"

I looked away. The thought of telling Amethyst, "I was thinking about Peridot wearing a tie and for some unknown reason it turned me on," wasn't exactly appealing.

I could almost hear Amethyst's smirk in her tone. "Oh, I get it. You better hold that in, since you may be sleeping in a bed with her."

My head jerked to face Amethyst. "IT WASN'T THAT!" I shouted, slapping Amethyst on the arm.

Amethyst rubbed her arm but smiled. "I was just joshing you. But jeez, relax on the bitch slap."

I smiled back at her in embarrassment. "Yeah, sorry. This is all just really confusing."

Amethyst put her arm on my shoulder. "Hey, no rush Lapis. Everyone finds out how they find out I guess," Amethyst explained soothingly. "And for you, Peridot was your trigger. Your push ahead."

"I guess," I said, rubbing the back of my neck. "But if I am, still not saying I am, but if, how the hell would I even tell my parents? You know they're all about the Bible."

I internally groaned. I know, private school kid alert. But the worst part about it is that I have no freedom to be me. So even if I'm gay (which we haven't clarified yet), that wouldn't be an easy conversation to bring up.

Amethyst smiled sadly. "Yeah, I know. But remember, I'll be there if you need help. Plus, you could crash at my place," Amethyst said. She then wiggled her eyebrows. "Or Peridot's."

I groaned and slapped Amethyst on the arm again. Before she could say anything, I quickly grabbed her into a hug.

"Thank you, Amethyst."

WHATS UP MY DUDES??? Its been days since I've updated, so so sorry. If you want a full explanation, just dm me, bc its kinda a long/interesting story. Other than that I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Pearl, out.