Chapter 10: Pearl's Time

Peridot's POV: First person

After I had walked Amethyst's dad and brother to the pool house, I came back to Jasper, Amethyst, Pearl and Garnet sitting together at the dinner table. I wondered where Lapis was, until I spotted her sitting on the couch with her phone, alone.

"Hey guys," I waved, trying to get everyone's attention. "We're all settled in, so if you guys wanna swim in the lake or the pool, i don't really care."

Amethyst smiled at me. Jasper and Garnet scratched their heads. Pearl frowned in thought. Lapis smirked.

"How about we go swim in the lake, get a feel for it, yknow?" Amethyst announced. She looked around for everyone's approval. The other three nodded, Pearl not included.

"Is this lake even CLEAN?" Pearl said. A worried scowl plastered her face.

I looked outside from the giant windows. Gem Lake was always clean. That's why its so expensive. It looked especially clean today.

"Pearl, look outside," Jasper rolled her eyes. "That looks pretty clean to me."

Pearl coughed. "Coming from the girl who didn't even brush her hair this morning," she argued.

"Hey, my hair doesn't cooperate when I brush it, and you know that!" Jasper narrowed her eyes. "Plus, you have short hair. You don't even have to worry about that."

Garnet rolled her eyes. "Can you two stop bickering?"

Jasper blew a piece of white hair out of her face and crossed her arms. Pearl let out a "humph" and turned towards the stairs.

Time skip because I'm lazy

Third person POV

After everyone had gotten their swimming suits on, they headed downstairs. Pearl was wearing a pink and white two piece, Garnet was wearing a red and black one piece, and Jasper was wearing an orange two piece. Amethyst and Peridot had purchased matching one-pieces for the trip, and decided to wear them today. They had open backs, with a black front and colored sides. Peridot got green, and Amethyst got purple. Lapis was wearing a blue two-piece.

Lapis trailed behind, like always. She was starting to regret coming, seeing as she was being ignored all the time. It was too late now, though.

Lapis looked around her as they got outside. The back-yard space was incredible. There was a huge pool to the left, and a pool house behind it. To the right was a volleyball sand court, and basketball/tennis court, a bar, and a tree house with a zip line coming from it. Straight forward from them was the lake.

Peridot walked confidently towards the lake. As she did, Lapis watched her every move. She couldn't feel it, but Lapis' mouth opened slightly.

Amethyst glanced over at Lapis, who was falling behind. She could see her standing still, staring at something with her mouth agape. Amethyst squinted and looked towards where Lapis' eyes pointed.

Hold up, Amethyst thought, is Lapis looking at Peridot's-

Lapis POV; First Person

I was going to pretend like I forgot something inside and not come back, as an excuse to just leave. But, why, oh why, was Peridot blessed with such a great ass?

I stopped and stared. I knew I was staring, but couldn't help it. The way she moved had me transfixed. I must've stood there for a minute until Peridot turned around to talk with Jasper.

I looked around me to make sure nobody had noticed my moment of weakness. Fortunately, both Pearl and Garnet were having a conversation. Unfortunately, Amethyst was smirking at me.