secrets leak out at death

I slowly woke up. Sitting up and yawning. I put on my happy morning smile and slipped sideways out the bed, grabbing Tommy bear as I did so. I looked round seeing it was different, remembering only then that I had snuck into Tords room last night. Hehe, bffs for life. I bounced back over to the bed to pull the other end of the covers up, expecting to see a lazy Tord sleeping there. But when I brought them into the air all I saw was some crease marks were he had ones been. I looked down in confusion as the blanket fell back down. I tugged the whole cover off but nothing was left on the sheeted matress. I crouched down and looked under the bed, chuckling and treating this like a game. "Tooorrrdddd, where arreee youuuuu~???" I said in a playful voice.  But no matter were I looked, he wasn't in the room. "Weird...Tord loves sleeping! Plus he would have probably woken me up by wacking me with a pillow for sneaking into his room..." I said in a disappointed and slightly sad tone. I huffed and left the room, walking back down the hall and to my room to get changed. One of the nuns seemed to be waiting at the door already knocking on it, probably expecting me to be inside. She heard my footsteps and turned round, spotting me as I tried to escape out the hallway to avoid her. He shot me a glare as I gave her a nervous and guilty look. She sighed, rolling her eyes and approaching me. I stared at the ground as she started babbling about how silly I was for doing what I did. I honestly didn't see the problem at all but since they technically run the place for a while I just have to follow they're rules. I miss Father.

She took my hand and walked me to my room were she helped me get ready into some fresh clothes. I just daydreamed for a little bit until she started combing my hair up tidily. Just the thought of hair styles brought Tord back to mind. "Sister Veronica?" I asked her. "Yes dear Thomas?" She replied stopping with the comb for a second. "Where's Tord? He wasn't in his room this morning. Has he already had breakfast?" I asked, playing with my void eyes as I looked in the mirror in front of me the nun was using to do my hair.
She froze up.
I looked up at her still waiting for an answer. "Well...he'll be gone for a little while actually Thomas...don't worry though he's coming back tonight! At least that's what they said..." She explained, finishing combing my hair and patting my shoulder, although the last part was a mumble so I couldn't really hear it.

I frowned, just suddenly feeling a bit gloomy and empty. Even if it was only a day, a day without Tord is like a decade without the sun. It's just not right..."Where did he go?" I asked, trying to keep a flicker in my voice. "I don't honestly know...why don't you go visit your father today then to take you mind off it?" She suggested, smiling widely. I emediatly beamed at her and jumped up and down. "YEY! Can I go now then??" He asked, eager to get going. "Well you should probably have your breakfast fir- and you're gone..." She chuckled as I just was to excited to go see him. I ran down with Tommy bear in my pocket and pushed open the big heavy Doors in the foyer leading out onto the grounds. It took a bit of muscle, but my adrenaline helped a little. They slowly opened as I practicality fell through the small crack I had made. Panting I got back on my tiny feet and ran along past the big gardens and tall fence, down onto the street and down the path. I knew I needed to get him a gift before I went over but forgot to grab some money. But even so I entered the market just in case there was anything maybe for free or something. Even a simple peace of fruit was enough. As I looked around I spotted spotted two men who stuck out in particular. Dunno why, but they just seemed fishy. I gazed at them through the crouds of people, confused slightly as they seemed to be hiding something behind them. One caught me staring but I was too dazed to notice. The taller one raised an eyebrow and began walking over to me. That's when I finally snapped out if it, because when the tall male had left the others side I caught a small glimpse of a small boy with a silver eye from behind him with a little bit of caramel locks in view as well.

My eyes widened as the man got closer to me, I didn't know what to do...well I did - run - but I couldn't bring myself to. He towered in front of me and then crouched down on one knee. "Are you lost, little boy?" He asked in a gentle tone. I just stared up at him on the bridge of tears. He tilted his head slightly and taped my nose. "Hey you ok there? Where are your parents?" He continued. I only looked at my feet, still having no idea what to do. That boy behind the man looked awfully familiar, why were they hiding him? What would they do if they knew were I came from?

The man sighed, taking my hand. Probably asuming I was either lost or didn't have parents. I still kept quiet though. He led me over to the other male with the boy hiding behind him. "Paul this one's on they're own, think we could take him back as well?" He asked. The smaller one thought, pursing his lips. "Maybe...but we don't really know if he is actually alone." He said back in a low raspy voice. "Tord wasn't alone, and we're taking him. Yes his parents died in the air crash years ago but the town church took him in."
Suddenly my eyes widened and I pushed past the raspy voiced man and looked at Tord. He just stared back at me stunned. "Hey what are you- NO NO NO!" The tall one said grabbing me  under my arms and lifting me up. I squirmed to get back down and Tord called my name back. "Wait you know this boy, Tord?" The shorter one asked. "Yes Paul! He lived with my at the church! He's the one who found me and took me back with him, AND taught me how to speek English properly." He said sounding in a slight panic, reaching his small arms up and bouncing up and down at the man holding me's feet to try grab me again. Sadly he was too tall and just held me up, looking down really un amused.

I grew angry and bit the man's hand. He helped letting go of me and I fell down to the ground. "OW YOU LITTLE- ughhh! Paul grab them!" He yelled. I grabbed Tords hand and scrambled away with him. Paul just chased after us. Tord looked really phased and shocked at this whole situation. I dragged Tord into an ally way, the same one I found him in the bin. I pulled him behind the large bin and clung onto him, hugging him nearly crying. "Thomas we can't stay here! They have guns! And-and are big grown ups! They can do anything to us! I have to go back..." He said trying to move away, but I stopped him. "I can't let you go with them! You're my best friend! Since when are you so sensible?!" I said hugging him tighter. He sighed, hugging back. "I know them...look you would never understa-" I heard a big stomp of a heavy boot from behind me, looking up to see it was the man I'm guessing's name was Paul. I shivered, terrified. He was a complete stranger to me, I was so confused. Suddenly Tord yanked my with him as he charged for Pauls legs. The weight of both of us was enough to unstabilise his legs and he toppled over. He ran with me back to the church were we rushed through the doors and locked them.

The nuns rushed over to us in panic. "What on earth is going on here?!" Sister Veronica asked. I just sat there at the door crying as Tord hugged me. Suddenly there were thumps on the large doors and threateningly loud yells from out saying "GET BACK OUT HERE NOW OR WE'RE BLOWING THIS PLACE DOWN!" and "OPEN UP OR THERE'LL BE BIG TROUBLE!". Everyone panicked and one of the assistant priest's tried calling the police. Everyone grabbed hold of us and pulled us away from the door as the men outside counted Down from ten.

4...

3...

2...

1...

Gunshots, screaming, running, yelling. The doors swung open and the men barged in, clearly annoyed and with big guns. There was shooting everywhere. People shielded us, only to get shot. I saw people dropping like flies as the two men continued further into the church. I couldn't move. What was happening? Why? Father? Are you there? Can you see what they are doing to all of us?

"Oh hello again Thomas!" Said a familiar voice from above my head.

Matt?