Chapter Seven

"Paladins, you need to get to your lions now!" Allura yelled, her voice ringing throughout the halls.

I ran to get my suit on and jumped into green. "We're in." I stated.

"Some Galra have appeared in the quadrant and are heading straight for a local planet. They have extremely large weapons that could destroy the planets lives forever. You need to get out there now!"

And so we all did as told. We had to save that planet.

"Shiro, look out!" Hunk yelled through the helmet. Shiro lifted his lion just as a beam of blue light took its place.

"That was close, too close. Thanks Hunk." He breathed a sigh of relief. But just as he did, Keith was hit with something that disabled his lion. "Keith!" Shiro called out.

"Keith can you hear me?" I asked. The others asked aswell but we got no reply.

"I'll go and get him, you guys watch my back." I said as I flew my lion towards Keith, guiding his falling lion carefully to the ground of the planet.

I landed green next to red and got out. "Wait here, girl. I'm gonna go check on Keith." She put up her shield while I got into the red lion.

"Keith?" I said as I came through the door. He wasn't in his seat. I heard a grumbling noise in front of it. "Keith are you ok?" I asked as I made my way towards him.

He looked awful. He was on the floor and looked half dead. "Oh God. Keith stay with me." His eyes were barely able to stay open.

"Guys, we have a problem. I think the Galra have got a new weapon that attacks the paladin too. Keith is down, I'm gonna try get him back to the castle."

"Alright, I'll have Coran prepare a pod." Allura said.

"We'll cover you pidge." Shiro said quickly. I nodded to myself and picked Keith up, putting his arm over my shoulder. "Let's go buddy." I said as I led him to my lion. I sat him down in a corner and sat down.

"Let's take him back, girl." I mumbled. The lion was about to take off but then I realized that the red lion was still alone. "Take him back ok, I'll come back with the red lion." I assured and put Keith in the seat, buckling him up. I jumped out and made my way over to Keith's lion.

I stood and watched as they made their way into the sky and towards Allura.

"Quick move!" I heard Lance say through the helmet.

I walked over and got in Red.

"To the left!" Shiro yelled.

"Ha, I got it!" Hunk wailed excitedly.

They sounded like they were achieving a lot without me and Keith. I'm just glad they're safe.

"Hey, Red. I know I'm not your paladin but Keith's hurt. We've gotta get to the castle so that the two of you can recover. Can you do at least that for me, for Keith?" The lions scanners and lights turned on but flickered off again.

"We're gonna have to do this manually." It was a lot more difficult to fly manually. You can't use weapons or defense systems, but we had no choice. I saw a clearing in the fleet and we set off straight for the castle.