Chapter Thirty-One

I grit my teeth as the needle pierced through my skin. I thought that that was all that the Druid would do to me, but I knew I was wrong as soon a sharp pain began to build in my arm. What was going on?

I started groaning as the pain intensified, moving to my shoulder and crawling up my neck, as well as all throughout my body. My jaw seemed as though it was locked, I was squeezing my hands shut, trying to relieve the pressure. But the pain wouldn't go, it only got worse.

But of course, that wasn't all the Druid had to offer. They took a small scalpel-like tool from the table and walked towards me. I couldn't see the Druids eyes, I had no indication as to where the Druid would begin cutting. I closed my eyes tightly, waiting for the pain.

After a few doboshes I opened my eyes, only to see the Druid walking back with something larger. This time, the tool looked like a dagger.

"Are you ready to answer the question?" The Druid asked. It twisted the tool around, the metallic color catching the purple light and shining it in my eyes occasionally.

"I said I don't know where he is!" I yelled, I tried to hide the desperation in my voice but I didn't succeed. I could basically see his smile through the mask.

"Stubborn, hm?" His fingers began to glow a small purple, making a crackling noise like lighting. The purple glow climbed up the dagger as he drew it closer to me, the cold electric field could be felt on my shoulder.

"Quick question," I began nervously. "Who are you, behind the mask?" The Druid seemed to freeze, almost in thought or maybe in memory. A small Galran guard ran in.

"Sir!" The Druid shook his head and turned around. "The other Paladin, we think we have his location." The Druid looked back at me then whispered something to the smaller guard who turned towards me. The small guard nodded and the Druid walked out.

"I-I'm sorry but you're to remain here," he began to stutter. "For the other- other General. I wish I could stop it but- any way - I'm sorry."
I smiled slightly and he nodded, scurrying out of the room.

I waited for quite a while. Whoever it was sure was taking their time, this seemed like a type of torture in itself. I had no way to escape and was weakened every few doboshes by the fluid injected into my arm from before. It would bring teeth gritting pain-sometimes worse- every time it came. Though it wasn't quite enough to make me cry, but then the door opened.

"Ah, the greed Paladin. Welcome to Zarkons ship, I hope you've enjoyed your stay." He snickered.

"Tch, as if." I mumbled. He walked over to the metal table, picking up the dagger from before.

"Well, this should be fun. For me at least." He laughed, manically. He made no delay to stick the dagger into my arm, piercing through the skin. He would do this over and over again, and after he stopped to pick up a new tool, I took the moment to look down at my newly made wounds.

They'd ripped my sleeve off before, it was the only place that was uncovered, the only place that was covered in a red oozing liquid. My eyes, I'm sure, were red and extremely sore from all the tears which would escape.

He came back and looked at my arm, admiring his work.

"I sure made a mess up of that arm of yours, huh." He sighed in satisfaction, turning and walking to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow, green Paladin." He chuckled as the door closed behind him.

Two guards took me down and dragged me to my cell, throwing me in. I landed on my wounded arm and cried out in pain. The other Paladins, in the cell next door, perked up at the sudden cry and tried to find out what had happened. I'm not even sure they knew that I'd left.

"Pidge? You ok?" Lance asked. "Pidge, what's wrong?" Hunk asked, worriedly. But still, I didn't hear Keith's voice.

"Where's Keith?" I whispered, still gritting my teeth through the pain. There was a rustle of movement before a small voice could be heard.

"I'm right here." He said reassuringly. It was the first thing he'd said to me since we arrived on the planet, and I needed to make sure that they hadn't taken him while I was gone. "Did you get some sleep?" He asked, quietly though the wall.

I scoffed, loud enough for him to hear.

"What is it?" He questioned, still rather quietly. He always seemed calm, no matter the situation.

"I would tell you but you might go ballistic." I chuckled half-heartedly.

"Pidge," he whispered.

"Fine. Earlier, I don't know how long ago, some Druid took me out of the cell to some other...room. They ripped of one of my sleeved and objected me with something, I keep getting random sharp p- ah!" It was back again, I wasn't sure how long this was going to last.

"Pidge!" Everyone yelled at once. After the pain faded away, I went back to explaining.

"Like I was saying, I keep getting random sharp pains. But while that keeps happening, another General comes in and starts..."

"Pidge, talk to us." Hunk said. I sighed and continued.

"He took some kind of dagger which had previously had magic put on it or something, and started carving into me. I- my arm- it completely red. Oh, god. I just realized that there's the high risk of getting an infection!"

I could feel anxiety build up in me, as well as another round of horrific pains? Making my jaw tighten and my teeth scratch together.

How long are we going to be here, and what if they start in the other?! I begin to panic as I sit myself in a corner.