Chapter Eight

Shiro's POV

We finally managed to get a hit on that new weird weapon the Galra have. Hunk was the one who hit it.

Lance was flying around and dodging attacks and I was protecting Pidge's lion. She should be in there with Keith so at least she is safe.

"Guys, guys! Can you hear me?" It was Pidge, the connection wasn't very good.

"Pidge, pidge it's Shiro. We can hear you, barely."

"The red lion, I'm in it and it can't move."

"Where are you?"

"Well, We're currently being taken by the Galra- ah!" She screamed and the connection was cut off

"Pidge! Pidge! Come on answer me!"

"Shiro," Lance grabbed my attention. "Me and Hunk will hold them off, go get Pidge." Lance said.

"What, by ourselves?! We're gonna die!" Hunk yelled.

"Hunk, shut it. We'll be fine!" Lance scolded him. "Go get our girl, Shiro."

"I will." And with that, I took the black lion toward the ship with a bright beam coming out of it. I could faintly see the red lion in the hangar, I took the black lion closer and closer and when we were too close for the beam to get us and out of sight, I hopped out and used my thrusters to get me the rest of the way.

I managed to make it through the hangar door as it slowly shut. Once I landed inside I looked around and went to hide behind some crates.

Looking over them I saw Pidge being dragged away and the lion still unable to move. This wasn't good. I used the size of the lion to hide so I could follow the guards that had hold of the green paladin.

I couldn't let them have her, she would hate it too. Not only being trapped by Galra but she was so close to finding Matt and her Father, closer than she's ever been. She would hate to be doing nothing to save them, wherever they were.

All the more reason to get her out.

After the centuries left the room, I slipped out and followed. Only steps behind them, but I had to be sure there was no one else around before I could break her out.

Her helmet was gone so I had no way to contact her. And then I saw my chance. The centuries were going into what seemed to be an elevator, so while their backs were turned I snuck behind them and waited till the doors were closed.

Not even Katie- Pidge saw me. As soon as the doors closed I pulled Pidge backwards and smashed the two guards heads together, knocking them out.

"Shiro?" Pidge asked.

"Yeah it's me." I smiled. I instructed the elevator to take us to our original floor and stood and waited.

"Thank you," Pidge said, wrapping her arms around me. "Thanks for saving me Shiro." I laughed.

"It's no problem, Pidge. But we're still in here, so don't thank me yet." I said, my arms wrapping around her in return.

"Well I don't doubt for a second that you can get us out of here." She smiled.