Chapter Twenty-three

A/n

WHAT!!! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN??? Thank you guys sO mUch for all the reads and and the votes, you guys at literally the best!!!

I have never, not on anything that I have written, gotten thiS many votes and reads.

It's seriously made my day, thank you so much guys!!!!

I honestly cannot thank you enough... so .......
.......
....
... THANK YOUUUUUUU ALLLLL!!!!!!!

————————————
Pidge's POV

My eyes fluttered open slightly, and as they adjusted I could see blurry images through blue glass. I guessed that I was in a healing pod.

The door slowly opened and I walked out without control. I wobbled a little to the left and a little to the right, all while still moving forward.

"Kat- Pidge?" I heard someone say. "Pidge, you're ok!" "Pidge?"

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the blurry vision, and rubbed my eyes. Once my eyes had finally cleared up, I managed to make out that the blurry figure from before was in fact Shiro.

'Shiro?' I thought. 'Was he just waiting for me all this time?' I shrugged it off and began to walk away, only to fall in the process. I thanked the heavens when Shiro caught me.

Shiro stood me up and inspected me to make sure I'd fully healed.

"How do you feel?" He asked. I couldn't be bothered speaking, the dryness of my mouth almost comforted me and I didn't want to ruin that. "Pidge, how do you feel?" He repeated, his voice now more stern and Dad-like.

I rolled my eyes, small enough so he wouldn't notice, and nodded. He sighed in slight relief as he knew that that was all he was going to get from me.

"Well I'm just glad you're safe." He said.

"Everyone treats me like I'm-" I stopped speaking before I said it. "Oh my." I said.

"What's wrong?" Shiro asked, his face full of concern and slight panic.

I looked up at him and ran my fingers though my hair.

"Shiro, I'm a monster aren't I?"

"Pidge," He said quietly.

"No, Shiro! Answer me, is this why no one wants to talk to me, because I'm a monster?!"

"Pidge, please." He said desperately. His voice quieter than before. And before I knew it, tears were streaming down my face again, so much so that the tears seemed to be pushing each other out of the way, trying to lunge themselves into inter death.

"I want to go home, Shiro. I want my Dad and Matt back." I sobbed into his shirt. He sighed and placed his robot hand on the back of my head, his real arm pulling me into his embrace.

"I want to apologize to my Mom, she didn't deserve this. I left her completely alone and she has no idea where I am." I continued. Shiro gently swayed us side to side in attempt to soothe me, which had apparently shown positive results.

The tightness in my chest and hoarse voice began to decrease and my tears ceased. I began to feel very tired again, my eyes forcing themselves shut. And then everything blacked out, no more noise, no more feelings. Just me, and complete nothingness.

Shiro's POV

I held her tightly in my arms, she was so devastated. I never meant for any of this to happen.

I gently swayed side to side in attempt to soothe her, which apparently it did. Her crying soon ceased and we were just stood in silence.

He breathing was steady again and after a while I began to hear little snores. I moved my head away and looked at her face, she was fast asleep. I smiled down at her and picked her up in my arms, trying to keep all movements subtle so I wouldn't wake her, and began making my way to her room.

We made it to Katie's room and I pushed the door open, forgetting that the Galra had completely messed it up.

I stepped into the dark room and almost tripped on something-a suitcase?

It was small, really small. Probably one of those small one that a young child would get. The top was open and its belongings were scattered around it, in it and also apparently under it as it was slightly raised.

The temptation to look inside was extremely difficult to shrug off but for Katie's sake I had to. I couldn't just go through her things without permission, it's not right.

I took her back to my room instead and decided that she would sleep on the bed and I'd sleep on the floor.

Carefully, I removed the covers with one of my hands and placed her down onto the bed. I took off her boots, placing them next to the bed, and took off her glasses which I stood on the table.

My shirt was full of tears and when I looked closer I saw that she'd also drooled on it. I shook my head and laughed slightly, pulling off my shirt and going to get another one.

"Goodnight Katie." I smiled as I pecked her forehead, gently, then retired to the 'comfortable' spot on the floor.

Pidge's POV

"Goodnight, Katie." I heard him say, then I felt him get closer to me. I held my breath as I felt his, warm on my forehead. He then kissed my head gently and I thought I almost blew my cover.

I opened my eyes, just enough, to see him getting comfortable on the floor.

"Goodnight, Shiro."

———————————

So this is a longer chapter huh?

Again thank you to all of you who have read and voted for my story, you're all awesome and it is hiGhly appreciated!!

Anyway see you laters, alligators!!