Chapter Thirty-Four

-time skip four days-

I couldn't breathe. My lungs felt like they were clawing through my chest and my heart beat seemed to be losing control. I hated the Galra, every single one of them. But I don't have time to hate, I need to focus and get out of here.

I'm not too sure how but I can't think straight with everything that they're injecting into me. I lift my head up to look at the other figure every now and then and I swear sometimes I think it's him.

I breathe slowly and musk up the courage to speak. I try a few times, to talk, but it hurts. All that comes out are a few croaky noises. But I guess whoever it was on the other side of the dark room heard my failed attempts at trying to talk.

"H-hello?" I hear them whisper. "Is someone there?"

It takes me a few minutes but I manage to speak a little.

"W-who a-re you?" I asked.

"My name is Shiro," Oh no. Oh please. "I'm a paladin if Voltron. Who are you?" He asked wearily.

"P-pidge." I answered. We were both silent. "Gunderson, or Holt."

"Katie?"

"Pidge." I corrected.

"Thank god you're safe." I wouldn't say that I thought. "I thought you were dead, I was so scared Pidge."

"Me too."

"We need to get out of here, and I think I know how. If we just-" I wasn't listening very closely but once Shiro stopped talking I looked up, my neck cracking slightly as I did.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Don't. Move." He whispered through gritted teeth.

"Shiro what do you me-" and that's when I saw it. A strange and large shadow looming over me. I looked over to Shiro and saw him gently shake his head telling me it's not safe.

I held my breath and closed my eyes, hoping the shadow would go away. But it didn't. Instead, it seemed to grow closer and closer until is breath hit my face. I didn't want to open my eyes but I knew I'd do it eventually so I may as well do it on my own accord. So I did.

And oh how I regretted it. My eyes shot open then I was yanked from the chains and dragged along the floor by my shoulder. Shiro tried to get out of the chains and save me but we both knew that it wouldn't work.

"Pidge!" He cried out. I was too weak to say anything back. So I just stared at him, with cold and fear filled eyes.

The door shut behind me and the shadow and I could no longer see Shiro's face. My vision went blank, almost as if I wasn't looking at anything at all, like I was dead. I began to hear muffled conversations and tuned in at the right time.

"What shall i do with her, Hagar?" I assumed the shadow asked.

"She's weak, yes?"

"Yes." There was a pause.

"Throw her with the gladiators." The shadow bowed slightly and began dragging me again. We went through a maze of halls before we came to a stop. I heard the slide open and I was dragged inside, only to be thrown at a wall. I lay there unsure of what I was doing.

"You're here to fight."

"To death I presume." I mumbled.

"To death." I sighed and sat up, looking at the wall opposite me. "The fight will begin shortly." I was about to ask how shortly, but a small box popped out of the wall and the door closed. I crawled over the the box wearily and opened it, finding a small dagger at the bottom.

I pulled out the small weapon and stood up, using the wall for support. I'm too weak to do this, but that's exactly what Hagar wanted. She wanted me to die.

Another door began to open, letting in the loud cheers and screaming of an audience. This could be my last moment. So close to finding Dad and Matt, and yet so goddamn far. I just hope they're safe.

I was shoved out of the room once the door had opened completely. The bright spotlights burning at my eyes. But then I started to feel something - no - hear something buzzing in my head. A sharp pain began to run up my back and through my skull, making me clench my teeth and drop the dagger.

But then I heard another door open, and the crowds cheers got louder which only made my head worse. What was going on? What was ha-

Kill.

Kill everyone.

Then myself.

Must kill th- no stop it stop - em all. Destroy all li- get out of my head! -  fe.

And then everything went dark.