Chapter Nine

Normal POV

"Who are you?!" A century shouted. I stated my name and then punched him in the gut, making him topple over. I then took his head and smashed it into my knee. We had no time to mess around.

"Shiro, get to the lion and I'll try to override the system." I commanded.

"What'll that do?" He asked.

"It should open the hangar door and switch off all power for at least a few hours." He nodded and got into the red lion.

I messed around with the controls, figuring out which button does what and then working to override the system.

"Pidge, we have incoming! You better hurry that up." Shiro spoke into the helmet. We'd found mine just outside of the doors to the hangar.

"Give me- a minute." I said, almost finished overriding the system.

"Pidge!"

"Just hold on!" I wailed back.

"Pidge!" He yelled louder this time.

"What is it?!"

"Behind you!" I quickly turned to see a very large and scary looking Galra that had been standing behind me.

"Oh, h-hello there sir." I chuckled nervously, quickly glancing back at the override progress. 92%.

"And what do you think your doing?" He asked in a deep and threatening voice.

"I-erm-Well you see," I began stalling as I checked the progress again. 98%. I took a deep breath and answered confidently.

"You see, sir. I'm stalling." The progress button went green and I pressed it without hesitation. I turned back around and the Galra leader looked extremely mad. He threw out his hand and grabbed me by the throat, lifting me in the air as I struggled for breath.

"Pidge!" Shiro called out once again. "Let her go!" He demanded. His voice stern and cold.

"Haha, or what." The Galra scoffed.

"Or else I'm gonna get mad." He said quietly. "Put. Her. Down. Now." Once again the Galra scoffed.

"If that is what you wish." He moved his arm to gain power and flung me across the room. I hit a few crates and then fell into a wall, winding myself in the process and grasping for air.

My vision was going fuzzy and blurry and the last thing I saw was Shiro landing in front of me and running back towards the leader.

And my eyes closed, darkness taking over.