~Chapter 8~

"Wow!" I whispered stunned by the room in front of me. It was so simple yet so beautiful. A king sized bed with black satin sheets in the middle, a large fireplace with cushions in front of it, a mini living room formed with only wooden furniture that looked super comfortable! A little door that had a private bathroom hidden behind and another one right next to it that led to a walk-in closet. This room was just perfect. Small but spacious and the view from the large balcony was breathtaking! The whole forest spread under your feet, I could literally hear many little birds flying around the tries and singing their songs.

"Do you like it?" Caleb asked standing right behind me while I was frozen, staring at the forest ahead of me. I never knew I liked nature so much!

"It's beautiful" I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"You are so much more beautiful when you're smiling cupcake" he said and I blushed at his compliment.

I'm not used to this affection. It's been years since the last time someone spoke to me like that. He always ordered me around and yelled I was useless.

'You are only capable of being a great fuck hole!' I remember him shouting it to me every time he forcefully entered me. I hated myself for that. Still do. He is right. I am just a great fuck hole.

"Cupcake, what's wrong?" Caleb asked cupping my face and only when he wiped away a tear did I realize I was silently crying.

"I'm fine" I said taking a deep breath and putting on a fake smile.

He didn't seem to believe me. He walked to the bed and sat at the edge running his hands through his hair. He was stressed out clearly.

"Emma please tell me exactly what he did to you. You said something about your parents, your family, did he kill them?" he asked staring deep into my eyes.

I sighed and decided to tell him. What's wrong with him knowing... He only has two weeks with me anyway.

"I had a brother, Jacob. He was just like your niece, full of energy and always happy. He was eight when things got wrong. I met a man, he was charming and he made me think that he loved me. I trusted him, I introduced him to my family and all. I was convinced he was the one I was supposed to spend my life with, start a family someday. I was only sixteen and very, very naive. A month into that relationship and he started acting really weird. He would get mad at me for little things like if I wore a color he didn't like, and then it started climaxing. He would get angry when I spent time with my family or friends and not with him. He would shout at me to shut up when I spoke my opinion. I decided to end it, he made me feel like shit" I stop, taking in a shaky breath and Caleb wraps a hand around me, hugging me and waiting for me to continue.

"He didn't like me breaking up with him so he broke me and my family as revenge. He barged in our house, stubbed my dad first, then my mom who tried to knock him out with a vase. I hid with Jacob inside my closet but he found us. He... He tore him apart in front of me and I stood there staring at him cutting my little brother into pieces like he was meat! He took me into his house, forced me to live with him, made me his little servant, used me, he took everything. My family, my freedom, my dignity, me. I am totally damaged, broken. I really don't know why you want me... You should kick me out and let me die. I'm just trouble. He might find me here and kill everyone in his attempt to get to me" I said and let my tears stream down my cheeks like rivers. They burned my skin like toxic. I must die.

"Emma the last thing you need to do is worry about my pack's safety. He is a human and he doesn't stand a chance against a werewolf. Alexa can take him down all by herself and she is just five. And be sure that he will suffer for everything he did. Nobody messes with my mate and gets away that easily. He will regret meeting you!" he said, his voice deep and threatening. He was really angry at him and I could clearly tell.

"Killing him won't bring them back, nor will it change what I did! I stood there watching! I didn't even try to save them!"

"You were a sixteen year old girl, probably in shock of what you have just witnessed and completely powerless against a violent, sick man! Stop beating yourself up for what he did! He is the one you should be hating! Not yourself!" he said hugging me tighter and I stayed quiet, not wanting to speak anymore.

I just brought up a memory I had managed to keep away from my conscious for three years. Even though the guilt was there all those years, beating me down every day, I had managed to keep the picture of my little brother torn apart like a pig out of my head. Unfortunately, now it was back to haunt me once again.

"I need one more thing Emma. One last thing from you and he's done!" Caleb broke the silence.

"His name" he said and I shivered. I grew afraid of calling out his name. Hell, I couldn't even think about it anymore.

I inhaled a deep breath before shifting to look at Caleb's eyes.

"Darien. Darien White" I whispered.