~Chapter 11~

There is nothing more beautiful, more magical than being able to feel complete. Like nothing is missing. To feel full and free, happy. That is what Emma felt when her eyes met with that magical field that was unraveling in front of her.

A colorful carpet of flowers run by two fresh cold water rivers that formed a beautiful little pond where they met. Some wild but yet gracious and gentle animals such as antilopes, deers and fawns where pacing around the field, other eating, other drinking from the little pond and some, probably younger, playing around with each other.

But what made Emma feel like her world was finally at peace was her family, standing right in the middle of the field chatting among themselves.

"How are they here? Can I talk to them?" she asked eagerly and tried to walk towards them but an invisible force held her behind.

"These are the Elysian Fields, some may call it Paradise too. It's where the souls of the innocent end up after they leave this world. We can't enter as we are still alive but me as an Alpha and you as a Luna have the power to see our passed away loved ones. They can't see or hear us. But we can make sure they are well and happy, unharmed by anything evil that exists in this life. I see my father, you see your family. And that bright sun over their heads, it never stops shining. It's never rainy in the Elysian Fields, it's never night. It's always this pleasant environment and they are always happy" says Caleb never taking his eyes off of the field.

"Why can't I walk towards them?" asked Emma trying once more but the same force gently pushed her back.

"For most people this place never exists until they die. We are an exception, for mother nature chose us to lead and care for others, so we must have this knowledge. But we can never enter until our time comes" he explained and she nodded, not saying anything else but just staring at her family which she so much missed.

"Thank you for showing me" she said, her eyes shining with happiness, a sight that filled his heart.

"Let's go back to the pack cupcake. We can come back any time, but now we have some obligations first" he said and she reluctantly turned and walked away with him.

She took one last glance at the field, catching her little brother giggling to some joke her dad told him and she smiled satisfied. They were fine. And they were together.

                                ~~~

"Ladies and gentlemen, members of the Moonstone pack, I am in the delightful position to present to you your next Luna, lawful mate to your Alpha, miss Emma Green. Let's all welcome her in our pack following the traditional ceremony!" announced Beta Kyle. Alpha Caleb along with future Luna Emma walked on the stage as everyone in the audience applauded them.

"Hello Moonstone pack, as Alpha I swore to protect, care and act for the good of our people. As my rightful mate and future Luna, Emma Green presents herself today to take the same vow, along with the pack's Luna's symbolic emblem" says Caleb holding Emma's hand and smiling.

Only two days earlier he had asked her to agree to this typical ritual in order to reassure the pack that everything was okay. The Alpha found the Luna, the pack will be alright, traditions are followed as they should. All this things were essential to keep the peace between the pack members. Caleb was really surprised that Emma agreed to officially accept the title of the pack's Luna with merely any hesitation.

"If it means I can keep going to those fields and see my family then so be it" she had said leaving him speechless.

He quickly explained her the ritual and after a couple questions she was ready to accept her title.

An elder man, the head of the Alpha's council, approached her holding a little dager and a moonshaped neckless.

"With the blessing of Moon Godess, I announce the beginning of the Luna's welcoming ritual" he said and Emma walked closer, offering her right hand as Caleb had told her.

"Et oblinito fatum eius sanguinem miscere... " the man whispered before making a little cut on the inside of her palm, and then doing the same to Caleb's hand as well. He let his blood mix with hers before dipping the necklace in.

"Et quod signum dabo illi potestatem tuam dea lunae" Emma tilted her head to the side allowing the man to press the moonshaped jewel on her skin. The jewel had a stinging sensation and when the man removed it it had left behind a permanent mark, just like a tattoo, under her collarbone.

"Once your mate marks you not only will you reborn into a wolf, but you will be given the power of Moon Goddess, the strength to rule our pack, the power of a Luna. The Alpha's blood provides the connection with the pack. " the elder man said and giving Caleb a quick embrace he returned to his seat among the rest of the council members.

"Luna Emma" said Kyle presenting Emma to the pack.

Everyone cheered and howled happy to accept their Luna. She turned to look at Caleb who was watching her adoringly. Her heart sped up at the love that his eyes held. How could he have so deep feelings for her when he only knew her for half a week? She looked at the people that were cheering and screaming her name happily. How could they be so happy that a strange woman would lead them? One thing was clear. Werewolves were fond of their emotions and not afraid to show them.

A couple of hours later, after meeting everyone at the council and as much pack members as she could they returned to Caleb's house.

She let her body fall to the bed exhausted from the eventful evening. Caleb walked to the couch and got himself comfortable, as every night for the past three days.

"Hey" she said catching his attention right away. "Wanna come to the bed?" she offered knowing that in the morning she would find herself sleeping on top of him, like every other day. She couldn't control it, so why put distance between them and make him sleep on that uncomfortable couch for absolutely no reason?

"Are you sure? I don't want you worrying about me... I'm fine" he said giving her a chance to change her mind.

"Yeah I'm sure. I'm sleeping on you. The least I can do is make sure you are sleeping on a real bed" she said chuckling, making a smile spread on his face. He practically run to the bed and snuggled next to her, ecstatic that he could actually fall asleep holding her.

"It might freak you out but I just want you to know that I'm completely, utterly in love with you" he muttered. But she was already fast asleep.