~Chapter 13~

He has a surprise for me. And I don't know why but I'm excited to know what it is! It's been years since someone had a surprise for me! At least a pleasant one. I hope it's a pleasant one. I don't think Caleb would do anything I wouldn't like, but that's what I thought about Darien too. Could Caleb end up being just like Darien? I really hope he won't. I'm starting to get really attached to this place, to him. It would be terrible for history to repeat itself once more.

I walk to our room, apparently, and slowly open the door. My heart is racing and my hands are shaking but when I finally enter the room Caleb is sitting on the bed with a large box in front of him.

"Relax cupcake, it's just a present" he says chuckling. I guess he can hear my heart.

Isn't it weird? I mean, he has all the abilities to know everything about me just my stretching his ears or sniffing the air, like I can't hide anything from him! He will know I'm on my period probably before I do!

"I would give anything to know what goes on in your mind right now" he says and I chuckle.

"That's for me to know and for you to wonder"

"Not for long, cupcake" he smirks. "Go on open the box, it's not gonna bite, I promise" he says pointing to the large box in front of him and I take a careful step towards it.

"What is it?"

"A surprise"

"Obviously, but what?"

"Just open it" he smiles and I sigh taking another step towards the box. I sit down next to it but as soon as I do it moves. The freaking box freaking moved!

"Is there an animal in there!?" I rush to open it so that the poor thing can breathe.

A cute little cuddly fluffy puppy pops it's head out and looks at me with shiny eyes.

"Oh my god it's so cute! Where did you get it? Look at it, like a little ball of fur and those tiny pointy ears!"

"He was wondering around the forest alone. It's a wolf pup. Since this is werewolf territory, wolves are not so common around here. But this little guy must have strayed from his pack, probably got lost or fell behind"

"Caleb he is adorable! But we can't keep him, he must go back to his family. He's not a dog, he's a wolf. Wolfs are not domestic animals they need to be free or else they are dangerous" I say but as soon as the words leave my mouth I realize what I just said.

I look at Caleb and his eyes are golden. His wolf wants to come out. I shouldn't have said that.

"You think I'm dangerous?" he sounds so broken and I'm just standing there feeling so guilty.

"I'm sorry Caleb I didn't mean it. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm really sorry" I say hugging him but he pulls away from me.

"Wolves are not domestic, what does that mean? We are domestic! We want a family and we love kids and...and I can't believe you just said that" He says and his eyes are switching from gold to green and then again gold.

"I didn't mean it, I was wrong. I'm sorry". I realize a tear runs down my cheek. I feel horrible for hurting him.

Caleb snaps out of his trance, his eyes back to their natural green color.

"Hey, no I'm sorry" he says and pulls me in for a hug. "My wolf, he took it the wrong way, I'm sorry" he says but his wolf was right.

"No he was right, I shouldn't have said that"

"Well, if you could hear him now he's so sorry he made you cry he doesn't even remember what you said so don't worry" he says still hugging me.

The puppy nudges me and then runs around the room happily. I chuckle and watch him play with a rug he found.