~Chapter 16~

The sound of bones breaking fills the room. Emma screams from the pain and I just stand and watch her suffer. There is absolutely nothing I can do to soothe her pain and it is killing me. I just hope she survives the shift. I need her to survive the shift. I know she can do it, she is strong.

"Come on cupcake, you can do it, come on" I try to encourage her but she screams louder.

Fortunately the owner of the hotel is a friend of mine and he made sure to clear three floors just for us. Having to cover this up when humans call the police would consume much needed energy. And I need all my focus to be on Emma right now.

"Caleb it hurts" she cries and a tear slides down my cheek. I can't even touch her. I can't even hold her hand. The tingles will make it worse.

"It's going to be over soon baby. Just hold on. You can do this. Look at me" I say and she looks into my eyes. Her eyes are red and teary and begging for my help. "You can do this" I say and she nods.

Another wave of pain hits her and she closes her eyes and screams.

When she opens them again their natural hazel color is replaced by a shiny golden one. It's her wolf. She's coming out.

"Jax!" she shouts and my wolf cries to be let out. He wants to comfort his mate.

She needs me!

If I let him out he'll hurt her. He can't help her. She needs to do this alone.

"Caleb!" Emma screams.

"Cupcake don't fight her. Let her out. It's your wolf. Let her take control. She'll help you" I say, fighting my urge to pull her on my lap and kiss her pain away.

She needs to do this alone.

White fur starts growing on her skin and I sigh. She's changing. She did it.

After a minute, her pure white wolf lies in front of me. She's exhausted. I can feel her. I can feel what she feels! It's done!

"Emma can you hear me?" I say through mind link and the wolf turns her head to my direction. She can hear me. Okay. Good.

"I'm not Emma!" she growls in my head protectively and I take a step back.

"I am her mate. Your mate. What's your name?" I try to calm her down but she shows me her teeth.

Let me out!

Jax practically screams in my head.

"Get away from me and my human!" she growls again. Maybe I must let my wolf out. If she let him touch her then we'll be good. She'll know we're their mate.

I take another step back and let Jax take over. He is a little bigger than her so she cowers back at the begining. But when Jax lowers his head and throws his ears behind she takes a cautious step towards him. They're talking but they're shutting me out. I can't hear them. Finally, she let's him closer and he nudges her neck with his head. Good. Now she knows.

Jax let me take control now.

He pouts and nags about doing the hard work but gives me back control.

"So you're our mate! Good. Emma is asking for you" she says but still doesn't give Emma control.

"Are you going to let me talk to her? Or do you want to talk with me? What's your name?" I say trying to gain her trust. She looks at me cautiously.

"My name is Cia. And yes, you can talk to her. But if you don't let us mark you soon I will be very angry" she says glaring at my unmarked neck and I internally chuckle at her jealousy.